Itayvion Brown?

GDMFT

Reaction score
Does anyone know where he is? Just curious why Cody Lindberg is playing over him. Is he injured, covid, or something else?

Thanks. I had never heard of that before. Just looked it up and makes sense. I assume it is not used that often?

He's a FOUR star recruit too. We don't have many of them.

Thanks. I had never heard of that before. Just looked it up and makes sense. I assume it is not used that often?

Most folks enroll before August and such, some guys for various reasons enroll at a different time, reasons vary.

Did Lindenberg play Friday? He shows 4 games but didn’t record a stat and I don’t recall seeing him.

Did Lindenberg play Friday? He shows 4 games but didn’t record a stat and I don’t recall seeing him.
I heard the announcers mention his name a few times although I don't recall seeing him either.

Never heard of that. Didn't know that was a thing, in Division I. I had heard of "partial qualifiers", but those being for DII.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/initial-eligibility-status-terms

Academic redshirt: For student-athletes who enroll at a Division I school after Aug. 1, 2016. You may practice with your team during your first semester of full-time college enrollment and receive an athletics scholarship during your first year of full-time college enrollment but you may not compete during your first year of full-time college enrollment.

Seems like Gordon was out there a lot. He plays fast and hits hard. I don't know if he fully grasps all the concepts and is in the right position, all the time.

But I'll take that now. He can get there.

Some of the other guys .... it just feels like they probably "look the part" in the weight room, on the 40yard test, agility tests, say the right things during meetings, and maybe even look great on the practice field .... but they just revert and can't do it on gameday. You can't coach that out of them. Something either snaps in their minds, or you have to move on.

Seems like Gordon was out there a lot. He plays fast and hits hard. I don't know if he fully grasps all the concepts and is in the right position, all the time.

But I'll take that now. He can get there.

Some of the other guys .... it just feels like they probably "look the part" in the weight room, on the 40yard test, agility tests, say the right things during meetings, and maybe even look great on the practice field .... but they just revert and can't do it on gameday. You can't coach that out of them. Something either snaps in their minds, or you have to move on.
I think the defense has played better each week. Guys are getting into better position and with each week, should be able to make more plays. Gophers have forced 5 fumbles, but only recovered 1 of them. Team is -3 in turnovers which falls more on the offense.

Still lots of improvement needed.

Lindenburg has been playing. Maybe less against Iowa.
Maybe hurt. Who knows.

He might be the best linebacker on the team. He'll be a stud if he stays healthy.

Lindenburg has been playing. Maybe less against Iowa.
Maybe hurt. Who knows.

He might be the best linebacker on the team. He'll be a stud if he stays healthy.
James Gordon is ahead of him, he just missed 3 weeks of camp so he was behind at the start of the season. Both Gordon and Lindenburg have alot of potential.

James Gordon is ahead of him, he just missed 3 weeks of camp so he was behind at the start of the season. Both Gordon and Lindenburg have alot of potential.

Thanks. That makes sense.
For a true freshman, I like Lindenburg a lot.

With our safeties routinely being the leading tacklers we desperately need our linebackers to develop quickly. Those huge running lanes with very little resistance at the second level is why teams are averaging around 8 yards/carry.

With our safeties routinely being the leading tacklers we desperately need our linebackers to develop quickly. Those huge running lanes with very little resistance at the second level is why teams are averaging around 8 yards/carry.

Reminds me of the Tyrone Carter days.

I was all "Yay Tyrone".

But also couldn't shake the fact that

"Yo... Tyrone shouldn't be the one making all the tackles all the time guies... that's also not gud..."

I'm guessing having another HUGE, Athletic, and forceful DT/NG with speed would help our running defense as well. D Carter seems good, but still young. Not sure about the other spot.

First of all, it's Lindenberg. No one's panties are in a bunch, just saying.

D Carter is huge, athletic, and forceful. He's our starting Nose, as a redshirt freshman. Huge potential.

Dew has been the other starter. He's a good not great player. Has given us a lot of reps, leadership, and so on.

I think they should give it their best shot to win the Purdue game.

If that goes closer to Iowa and Michigan than it goes Illinois (O and D) and Maryland (O only), then I think it's time to thank any players who either aren't coming back or who might be likely to be passed up by other guys next year (*cough*Aune, MSM, Howden*cough*) for their service, and start playing all younger guys (more). If this year is going to be a developmental year, then let's go whole hog on that and swallow it.

First of all, it's Lindenberg. No one's panties are in a bunch, just saying.

D Carter is huge, athletic, and forceful. He's our starting Nose, as a redshirt freshman. Huge potential.

Dew has been the other starter. He's a good not great player. Has given us a lot of reps, leadership, and so on.

I think they should give it their best shot to win the Purdue game.

If that goes closer to Iowa and Michigan than it goes Illinois (O and D) and Maryland (O only), then I think it's time to thank any players who either aren't coming back or who might be likely to be passed up by other guys next year (*cough*Aune, MSM, Howden*cough*) for their service, and start playing all younger guys (more). If this year is going to be a developmental year, then let's go whole hog on that and swallow it.
It's rediculous to sit guys that contribute and have eligibility left. MSM, Howden, and Aune will all need to be contributors going forward. They all need reps and to get better.

It's rediculous to sit guys that contribute and have eligibility left. MSM, Howden, and Aune will all need to be contributors going forward. They all need reps and to get better.
Aune has barely played and is a young guy himself. Howden and MSM were major contributors on a good defense previously, no reason to think they can't again.

As I said:

- give it (the way we've been going) the Purdue game. Rest assured, Fleck isn't about to make radical changes just because we suffered an(other) embarressing loss to a rival. Let's see how it goes. Maybe they win, maybe they even kick Purdue's ass. We'll see. I'm afraid it's going to be closer to the Iowa game, than that. I hope not.

- if the Purdue game goes the way I sadly think it's going to go (ie, like the Michigan and Iowa games), that pretty much seals in my mind that guys like MSM, Aune, Howden are not the future here. Dew probably isn't the future here regardless, unless he really wants to come back for a seventh year of college football in 2021?? I'd much rather give the rest of the game reps this season to Gordon, Willis, Lindenberg (and next year Oliver, Brown, etc.), Dixon, Cheney, MJ Anderson, and so on.

If this idea pisses you off, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Fleck has shown time and again he sticks with people long past the time he should no longer stick with them.

Aune has barely played and is a young guy himself. Howden and MSM were major contributors on a good defense previously, no reason to think they can't again.
Young? Aune was the 2nd lowest rated scholarship recruit in the 2018 class (ahead of Boe). This is his third fall with the team. Granted, this spring and summer were obliterated by covid.

If Oliver were healthy, I'm guessing Aune wouldn't be seeing the field much, maybe in 3 LB sets (which we tend not to do much of this year, perhaps depth, or perhaps because nickle corners are just more common now and J Harris is a good one), and that's assuming they didn't go with Lindenberg anyway for the 3rd LB.

Young? Aune was the 2nd lowest rated scholarship recruit in the 2018 class (ahead of Boe). This is his third fall with the team. Granted, this spring and summer were obliterated by covid.

If Oliver were healthy, I'm guessing Aune wouldn't be seeing the field much, maybe in 3 LB sets (which we tend not to do much of this year, perhaps depth, or perhaps because nickle corners are just more common now and J Harris is a good one), and that's assuming they didn't go with Lindenberg anyway for the 3rd LB.
His rating has nothing to do with whether he is young. He's a redshirt sophomore, that barely played until this year, that's still young to me.

His rating has nothing to do with whether he is young. He's a redshirt sophomore, that barely played until this year, that's still young to me.
A guy in his third fall is no longer young to me. Young means age only, to me, and that doesn't correlate with game experience for some guys.

I'm sure he was a standout in the St Paul city league, playing against Como Park and Humboldt. I'm not sure he is a Big Ten level player. Hope he surprises me (been wrong plenty before, will be again)

academic redshirt
fricks sakes. wtf... there is no updates this year on any of the roster. Every week is silence on who is hurt , covid, what ever else is out there. Im really pissed this year, we are left in the total dark on everything until gametime when we can see for our own eyes who is playing.

fricks sakes. wtf... there is no updates this year on any of the roster. Every week is silence on who is hurt , covid, what ever else is out there. Im really pissed this year, we are left in the total dark on everything until gametime when we can see for our own eyes who is playing.
This isnt something they'd ever talk about anyway, Rashad Cheney was an academic redshirt last year and it was never talked about.

It's a new thing as of 2016, clearly. Like I said, I was aware that DII allowed "partial qualifiers". That used to be the only route to NCAA for some guys. Now they allow it in DI, it appears, under a new name.

I can see both sides of the argument, but the only place MSM needs reps is on special teams. He is NOT a Big10 linebacker. To play him over the younger more athletic players just delays the development of better players.

I can see both sides of the argument, but the only place MSM needs reps is on special teams. He is NOT a Big10 linebacker. To play him over the younger more athletic players just delays the development of better players.

He may play out of necessity to get the younger players into position and call the defense. Lots of factors.

He may play out of necessity to get the younger players into position and call the defense. Lots of factors.
If that's why he's playing, he's worse at that than actually playing. All you heard from PJ was that we weren't lined up where we were supposed to be and that led to them being late to their responsibility.

Top Bottom