It was nice to be back at the bank

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Late summer and fall is TCF (er ... I mean ... the bank?) time for me.

After the the Outback Bowl I was so pumped to go back to the stadium in 2020 and see the folks sitting around me after such a great season in 2019, but it wasn't meant to be. So this time going back was in a way like coming back from the Outback Bowl.

I was a little nervous about who would show up around me. At the ages of the folks around me ... you never know when someone can't go anymore. Thankfully the regulars eventually filtered in around me as the game started.

gxZQETk.png

It was SO good to be back.

Late summer and fall is TCF (er ... I mean ... the bank?) time for me.

After the the Outback Bowl I was so pumped to go back to the stadium in 2020 and see the folks sitting around me after such a great season in 2019, but it wasn't meant to be. So this time going back was in a way like coming back from the Outback Bowl.

I was a little nervous about who would show up around me. At the ages of the folks around me ... you never know when someone can't go anymore. Thankfully the regulars eventually filtered in around me as the game started.

gxZQETk.png

It was SO good to be back.
You have some nice (and pricey) seats!

Agreed it was nice to be back. I said this a couple years ago after the stadium turned 10 but the old girl could use a little touch up here and there. The steps between 210/211 have crumbling concrete in some places.

Great photo...I can see me a few rows down from you lol!!

I just moved seats so it's fun getting acclimated to the new groups around me.

Agreed it was nice to be back. I said this a couple years ago after the stadium turned 10 but the old girl could use a little touch up here and there. The steps between 210/211 have crumbling concrete in some places.
That's surprising.

I've been impressed how well the concrete has held up in my area. Specifically compared to some of the commercial projects near my home where the concrete seems to last like 2 years before it goes to crap.

Although ... in our section it could be that the concrete gets sealed by the wine and cheese we drop sometimes .... or my kids juice boxes...

Great photo...I can see me a few rows down from you lol!!

I just moved seats so it's fun getting acclimated to the new groups around me.
Introductory gift boxes are appreciated by people in our section.

/s

It was a blast to be back.

Arguably the worst fans I’ve ever sat near were last night though. They got into a physical altercation with some gopher faithful when they cheered for Ibrahim being injured. A group of 6 middle aged men. I was fine until they insulted my wife, then I was not fine with them.

Arguably the worst fans I’ve ever sat near were last night though. They got into a physical altercation with some gopher faithful when they cheered for Ibrahim being injured. A group of 6 middle aged men. I was fine until they insulted my wife, then I was not fine with them.
Man that's wild... Ohio St. fans around me were good.

It was a great atmosphere for the most part. The rain was reminiscent of a few rain games before MSU comes to mind, except that game was drenched and jacket even bleed into t-shirt. Season tickets again for the first time in four years. College football is a blast live, just a lot more fun in person for me than Vikings games. I dislike US bank stadium, prices, and the smell, indoor football just not as much fun as outdoor game.

It was so good to be back in the stadium, rooting for the Gophers at an exciting night game.

However, I sensed an angry, bitter edge to the folks around us. Usually there is light-hearted, inebriated shouting but a good sense of camaraderie and fun. But last night, we had a group a few rows behind us, on opening kickoff, already yelling at us non-stop to sit down. We did our best to just ignore them, but they were kind of nasty about it. They kept it up throughout the game which led me to wonder why they were there or if they would only channel that energy into rooting for the team instead bitching at their fellow Gopher fans.

And we also had a guy in our row who was aggressively trying to get everyone to stand up (not sure if it was just to spite the folks behind us or if he just wanted to rekindle the atmosphere of the Penn State game). He was harmless, but I sensed a real bitterness towards his fellow Gopher fans as well.

Maybe we're just not used to being around other people quite yet?
Did others have this kind of experience last night?

Noticed that in our Section 213/214 as well

It was so good to be back in the stadium, rooting for the Gophers at an exciting night game.

However, I sensed an angry, bitter edge to the folks around us. Usually there is light-hearted, inebriated shouting but a good sense of camaraderie and fun. But last night, we had a group a few rows behind us, on opening kickoff, already yelling at us non-stop to sit down. We did our best to just ignore them, but they were kind of nasty about it. They kept it up throughout the game which led me to wonder why they were there or if they would only channel that energy into rooting for the team instead bitching at their fellow Gopher fans.

And we also had a guy in our row who was aggressively trying to get everyone to stand up (not sure if it was just to spite the folks behind us or if he just wanted to rekindle the atmosphere of the Penn State game). He was harmless, but I sensed a real bitterness towards his fellow Gopher fans as well.

Drunk, arrogant OSU fans around us that insulted PJ all game

It was great to be back. A little picnic supper in the park adjacent to the alumni center. A little walk around campus soaking up a little atmosphere. Even getting into the stadium was a breeze (although we totally forgot about the bag check line). Fortunately, they were kind enough to let us thru. The rain was only slight nuisance until Mo, the Bucks and moisture put a bit of damper on the evening. Looking forward to the next game.

I purposely go and stand in the student section so I don't have to listen to people telling me to sit down or to yell less vigorously while the opponent is on offense.

Are you sure it wasn't Veritas and his ilk behind you?

Parking was a nightmare last night. Worst I've ever seen. Got on campus around 5:30 and didn't park til after 6:30. Wash st ramp was full. Went to oak st but that was pass only (even though gopher website says cash and pass). Ended up at the river road ramp behind Coffman with a very long walk to the stadium. Made it just in time to see the team come out the tunnel.

Parking was a nightmare last night. Worst I've ever seen. Got on campus around 5:30 and didn't park til after 6:30. Wash st ramp was full. Went to oak st but that was pass only (even though gopher website says cash and pass). Ended up at the river road ramp behind Coffman with a very long walk to the stadium. Made it just in time to see the team come out the tunnel.
I got to lot 37 like 5:30... it was a fucking mess just getting there and into / around the lot already.

Hate Thursday games for that reason.

-It was great to be back. Got there around 3, so zero issues with traffic for me, but I heard it was a nightmare.
-I was surprised at the gates; quicker than I was guessing. Seemed like most were prepared.
-Is the standing/sitting thing still a thing? In 117, pretty much stood the whole game.
-The Ohio State fans around us were pretty good, but I don't think I'd enjoy being a fan of a team like that. Expectations are so ridiculous; expect a big play every single time, but I guess I can see why. Ha. But it's like if the Gophers ever have a good play, it's a complete disaster & meltdown. I get that they're Ohio State, but the Gophers still have D-1 athletes on the team.
-I never went to the bathroom, but were they enforcing mask rules in the bathrooms?

-I was surprised at the gates; quicker than I was guessing. Seemed like most were prepared.

-I never went to the bathroom, but were they enforcing mask rules in the bathrooms?
Gates did move faster ... but I couldn't figure out why. The email said you don't have to take stuff out of your pockets and then at the gate .. you still had to.

Nobody was enforcing anything in the bathrooms. I didn't even see a sign. They made a couple stadium announcements and that's it.

-It was great to be back. Got there around 3, so zero issues with traffic for me, but I heard it was a nightmare.
-Is the standing/sitting thing still a thing? In 117, pretty much stood the whole game.
-The Ohio State fans around us were pretty good, but I don't think I'd enjoy being a fan of a team like that. Expectations are so ridiculous; expect a big play every single time, but I guess I can see why. Ha. But it's like if the Gophers ever have a good play, it's a complete disaster & meltdown. I get that they're Ohio State, but the Gophers still have D-1 athletes on the team.
I went once -- no one wore a mask

Hahahaha, what do you think?

Yes, they had a poor 19 year old kid stationed at each urinal.

[squeaky late teen nerd voice]UhhhHhhhHhhh ... excuse me sir .... would you mind please wearing your mask while you use the restroom...??

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

I mean, it's open air in the concourse, but people were packed into lines. Massive lines, for anything. Especially the beer stands.

Hahahaha, what do you think?

Yes, they had a poor 19 year old kid stationed at each urinal.

[squeaky late teen nerd voice]UhhhHhhhHhhh ... excuse me sir .... would you mind please wearing your mask while you use the restroom...??
Thanks for the jackass response.....

Sorry to hear that. The OSU fans that sat in front of / around us were great. I had a nice time talking to two fans from Ohio throughout the game. Confident, but also just good hearted football fans!

Everything but the final, and the Ibrahim, and Michael Brown-Stephens injuries (other(s)) was good.

Sorry to hear that. The OSU fans that sat in front of / around us were great. I had a nice time talking to two fans from Ohio throughout the game. Confident (not arrogant), and also just good hearted football fans!

Everything but the final score, and the injuries to: Ibrahim, and Michael Brown-Stephens (other(s)) was good.

Top Bottom