It Was A Good Game And A Great Day

Iceland12

Reaction score
Perfect weather, great crowd, tough opposition and a hugely satisfying win. Bunch of us had dinner, drinks and victory cigars after the game. All outside in warm weather under a pretty clear sky.

That last touchdown drive is what we're gonna remember. That and the return of the Offense. There are things to worry about but not tonight or tomorrow.

Here's to an entertaining Gopher victory! :drink:

Some thanks are due to Mr.Maroney too.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_28882616/former-gopher-great-laurence-maroney-i-wish-i

Last year, Minnesota coach Jerry Kill and Maroney spent time together at the Big Ten Media Day Luncheon in Chicago and another event in New York.

"I like Kill," he said. "I wish I got to play for him. But I had the great Mason. That was my guy. We did a lot of things here. Kill's a great coach. I like the changes he's doing to the program. I salute coach Kill and hope nothing but the best for him."

"Laurence Maroney summed it up in the locker room with me, 'Just play 60 minutes,' " Kill said. "It's good to have him in the locker room."

Gophers redshirt freshman starting running back Rodney Smith appreciated Maroney's post-game speech.

"I think it was great," Smith said. "He has a very positive vibe about him. He's an outgoing person. I feel like we as a team need that. He gave us words of wisdom. I think we'll take those words moving forward."

Some thanks are due to Mr.Maroney too.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_28882616/former-gopher-great-laurence-maroney-i-wish-i

Last year, Minnesota coach Jerry Kill and Maroney spent time together at the Big Ten Media Day Luncheon in Chicago and another event in New York.

"I like Kill," he said. "I wish I got to play for him. But I had the great Mason. That was my guy. We did a lot of things here. Kill's a great coach. I like the changes he's doing to the program. I salute coach Kill and hope nothing but the best for him."

"Laurence Maroney summed it up in the locker room with me, 'Just play 60 minutes,' " Kill said. "It's good to have him in the locker room."

Gophers redshirt freshman starting running back Rodney Smith appreciated Maroney's post-game speech.

"I think it was great," Smith said. "He has a very positive vibe about him. He's an outgoing person. I feel like we as a team need that. He gave us words of wisdom. I think we'll take those words moving forward."

Any video of Maroney talking to the team?

I imagine we'll see video in an upcoming Brick by Brick episode.

Top Bottom