It is Thursday...who is playing QB Saturday?

It will come down to a complicated mathematical formula.

Data will be gathered for height in stocking feet, the ability to throw a perfect spiral, arm strength as measured in 40+ yard throws, and 40-yard dash time.

Height will be double-checked via a stringent test involving each individual's ability to "see over the line".

After the data is processed, a starter will be named.

It will come down to a complicated mathematical formula.

Data will be gathered for height in stocking feet, the ability to throw a perfect spiral, arm strength as measured in 40+ yard throws, and 40-yard dash time.

Height will be double-checked via a stringent test involving each individual's ability to "see over the line".

After the data is processed, a starter will be named.
"And the starting QB will be......Daniel Faalele!"

Whichever freshman looks better getting off the bus (the eye test) will be the starter, if Morgan can’t go.

Last edited:

The committee values the eye test and Clark is tallest and throws the ball the farthest so he will be under center.

It's only 2.7 because the goal line stops him.

That would be a more effectively argument if he was only running goal line plays. If you need 2 yards, Seth will get you 3. If you need 4 yards, Seth will get you 3. If he ever busts one for 20-30 maybe I’ll see it differently.

Hope they use them more this Saturday. Seth plays hard and knows the system. I would think he could keep the defense in check with his ability to throw a quick slant or grind out some yards depending upon the look.

Well, it has to be either Morgan, Clark, or Kramer. Unless it is someone else.

That would be a more effectively argument if he was only running goal line plays. If you need 2 yards, Seth will get you 3. If you need 4 yards, Seth will get you 3. If he ever busts one for 20-30 maybe I’ll see it differently.

Sounds like a ripoff of one of the greatest quotes in NFL history by Leroy Hoard with the Vikings:

"If you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards. - Leroy Hoard

Sounds like a ripoff of one of the greatest quotes in NFL history by Leroy Hoard with the Vikings:

"If you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards. - Leroy Hoard

Yep.

To me the key is if Dunlap can play. If he can, then they can go max pass pro by moving Schlueter over to tight end like they did in the Penn St. game. That way Tanner gets better protection and if he does not play, it will still help the freshman that does play. Seth also is a ace in the hole. It will be interesting, as I'm sure it will be a game time decision based on how much practice time Tanner gets, if any this week.

If PJ thinks he can catch Fitz by surprise with this childish secrecy about Morgan he is fooling himself.

Why? Gopherhole is a big part of the intelligence gathering apparatus down in Evanston?

Fritz must really be sweating bullets and dying to know.

Fitz said on a podcast before the season his staff does look at team messageboards to see if any of the insiders have info. Do we have a mole?

Fitz said on a podcast before the season his staff does look at team messageboards to see if any of the insiders have info. Do we have a mole?

I do, but the doctors say it’s benign.

If PJ thinks he can catch Fitz by surprise with this childish secrecy about Morgan he is fooling himself.
I pretty much feel the same way. Wish the Big Ten would put a rule on the books enforcing an NFL style injury report for conference games.

Nothing foolish about it. You don't give your opponent any more information than you have to.

Nothing foolish about it. You don't give your opponent any more information than you have to.
But the silly part is think that this info not getting out is somehow going to hinder Fitz in the slightest.

Really not that hard to game plan for the two different scenarios.

I pretty much feel the same way. Wish the Big Ten would put a rule on the books enforcing an NFL style injury report for conference games.

What would that accomplish? Morgan would be listed as questionable and his status would be no more clear then it is right now.

But the silly part is think that this info not getting out is somehow going to hinder Fitz in the slightest.

Really not that hard to game plan for the two different scenarios.

What is harder, game planning for two scenarios or one?

What would that accomplish? Morgan would be listed as questionable and his status would be no more clear then it is right now.
He would be listed as out, if he was out.

Doubt it. If PJ wants people to think he might play, I dont know why his answer would be any different on that report than it is at press conferences.
Maybe ... but we can't know for sure. In the NFL, I don't think there is too much dishonesty on the injury reports? I don't know how they control/enforce that.

Top Bottom