It is Thursday...who is playing QB Saturday?

holereader

Reaction score
In addition to the usual gibberish on this board, there used to be posters who were in the know or had more inside knowledge than me. Is there any intel on this? No gibberish please, just facts as we know them today. No debates please on Clark v Kramer. No debates please on whether Morgan should play or sit. I just want to know whether there is any intel on our QB for Saturday

I'm betting not Tanner.... but the line moved so much I duno, maybe Ace knows something... but if Tanner was going to play you'd think the line would be more than 14...

I'm going with Clark Kent.

Why? Gopherhole is a big part of the intelligence gathering apparatus down in Evanston?

Fritz must really be sweating bullets and dying to know.

Would bet there won't be anything official until game time on Saturday when they see who is dressed and warming up on the field.

Now, I think there’s a good chance Morgan plays. Not a guarantee, though. We’ll see!

Now, I think there’s a good chance Morgan plays. Not a guarantee, though. We’ll see!
It's really the million dollar question this week. I think he goes this week, too. We shall see!
Fleck said on channel 9 yesterday that Morgan "made a lot of progress" in the concussion protocol on Wednesday" which is certainly good news!

Last edited:

Would bet there won't be anything official until game time on Saturday when they see who is dressed and warming up on the field.
Yup. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been following the Gophers since PJ Fleck started coaching. Far more likely somebody we had NO IDEA was injured doesn't play a la Martin, Faalele, and Dunlap this year. Zero info gets out of that building.

My guess is no one knows for sure yet. The coaches may have an idea but they probably won't even tell the team until Saturday morning. They probably want all 3 guys mentally preparing as if they are playing.

I have no idea, but if I did know, I'd keep Fleck's secret safe so Northwestern didn't find out.

I came to this thread for gibberish and debates. Maybe a little Clark vs Kramer. Very disappointing.

but, will it be authentic frontier gibberish? I don't think Gabby Johnson has weighed in yet.

Seriously - my bet is that we find out - at best - during the pre-game show on the radio Saturday. Maybe - and I stress maybe - Gaardsie finds out before kickoff based on who is in uniform and warming up with the 1st team. But - I would not be surprised if we literally did not find out until the first snap of the game on offense.

I'll go with Uncle Rico!
giphy.gif

I have no idea, but if I did know, I'd keep Fleck's secret safe so Northwestern didn't find out.
I doubt Northwestern would prepare any differently if they knew Morgan wasn't playing. There's not exactly a Rhoda-Croft or Nelson-Gray difference between Morgan and the freshman.

74 can suit up for an away game.
can fleck still bring tanner if he isn't suiting up? I'm assuming so, so no one would know until warm ups

My guess would be that all three will suit up, all three will go through warm up, and one guy will go out and take the first snap. Why not? I do not believe Northwestern will have the same game plan for Morgan as they will have if the know one of the freshmen will start.

I believe he will be dressed and ready to go but will not see the field if our defense get a groove on which I expect.

I came to this thread for gibberish and debates. Maybe a little Clark vs Kramer. Very disappointing.
Clark through one completed pass. Kramer none - in actual games this year. That's all the gibberish I know.

My guess would be that all three will suit up, all three will go through warm up, and one guy will go out and take the first snap. Why not? I do not believe Northwestern will have the same game plan for Morgan as they will have if the know one of the freshmen will start.

Yep, if Morgan is back there Northwestern will probably be much more hesitant to bring pressure, knowing how accurate he is.

With one of the freshman they are likely to try and bring more blitzes to try and rattle then or force bad throws. Very different defensive gameplans so makes sense to keep em guessing as long as possible.

On the contrary, if Morgan is in, I’m guessing that NW is going to pin their ears back and try to get as much pressure on him as possible and as many clean hits on him as possible.

Their best chance to win is if Morgan isn’t in or can’t be effective due to pressure. What Iowa did,(which is also what SDSU did) has so far been the only way to limit Morgan’s effectiveness.

If it’s not Morgan, on the other hand, you stack the box and dare the freshman to beat you in the air.

Fitz and staff are very smart, they will figure this out.

Will be an interesting game.

Top Bottom