It’s been a while, let’s talk uniforms

I kinda like these actually. The double M is sorta weird but looks sorta cool. I don’t mind that gold color either.
That gold color is why I said in a previous post that those unis should be incinerated.

I like...

1a/1b - Kill/Fleck uniforms - both are simple and classic. I love how Fleck has played with the helmet decals.
(big gap)
3. Mason era
4. Brewster era - Probably because the product on the field was so bad.

I would love to see the Darkins M_____M jerseys make a comeback for one game. They were so terrible and ugly that they have become almost cool because of it.

Like S.O.N.'s thoughts.
But also, commercial brands spend dearly creating and policing their brand image. Yet, MN lets each new coach (or vendor) redefine our look. Maroon and gold with white and black accents are sufficient. Dark cherry, mustard yellow and coal cheapen the brand.

Plain white pants look like practice scrubs. Ditch the white numbers & trim for gold. And, never put Minnesota on the jersey backs--either players names or leave blank.

I don't think there's any question that the Fleck era uniforms are the best. With the helmet options they roll out on a weekly basis.....I really don't think there's a team in the nation with better uniforms.

Of the more classic uniform looks....I've always really liked Auburn.

Last edited:

Well, I mentioned white helmets in the OP and it looks like they make their return opening night.

Hot Take i actually liked the tim brewster era jerseys, had me a decker jersey it was sick

While we're on the subject of uniforms, what are thoughts on home vs home uniforms for rivalry games like how USC and UCLA do in their match-ups. Like, the Gophers could wear gold and Wisconsin could keep on their reds. Michigan could wear blue and maize while Ohio State is still in their scarlet and grey.

Anyway--they hinted we may be seeing them this year. I actually think the 90s nostalgia would play well for 1 game only. I'd be into it. It would get a lot of attention locally and nationally. Especially if they won wearing them. I think current fashion trends on a college campus would go well with these. Retro is in.

View attachment 19874
I loved those helmets and pants. Among my favorite looks ever. The double-M is hideous though.
I think the more metallic gold always looks better than the more yellowish. I coach youth football, and about two years ago, we changed from a yellow gold to a metallic gold for our numbers and it just looks so much nicer.

I loved those helmets and pants. Among my favorite looks ever. The double-M is hideous though.
I think the more metallic gold always looks better than the more yellowish. I coach youth football, and about two years ago, we changed from a yellow gold to a metallic gold for our numbers and it just looks so much nicer.
I think for one game, the awful double M is cool.

My coworker had a bunch of his uncles old wrestling gear in the office yesterday. 70s era. Love that look and nostalgia

I think for one game, the awful double M is cool.

My coworker had a bunch of his uncles old wrestling gear in the office yesterday. 70s era. Love that look and nostalgia
Someone goes to games wearing the double M jersey.

I saw him at least once last year.

Top Bottom