Isaiah Ihnen Commits to Gophers

Konate was an impressive athlete. I can see why teams gave him a chance. One thing you cannot have in basketball is bad hands. In football you can play defensive line. Too bad he could never overcome that.

He also just looks good physically, very nice physique.

One thing you cannot have in basketball is bad hands... Too bad he could never overcome that.

reminds me of the birth of Uwe Blab's first kid. Bobby Knight sent a note to Uwe's wife congratulating the birth and told her to not let Uwe handle the baby, he has hands of stone.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I can't wait to see this recruited class on the court!

per Marcus:

Isaiah Ihnen, the top recruit in the Gophers’ 2019 class, was named Thursday to the German national team to play in the FIBA European U20 Championship this summer in Tel Aviv.

Ihnen was grateful for the selection, but he told the Star Tribune he might not play in the event scheduled for July 13-21. The 6-foot-9, 210-pound forward's top priority is to join the Gophers as soon as he can.

“I’m not sure if I’m going to play,” he said about the German U20 national team. “Rather go to campus earlier.”

Fellow incoming freshmen Tre’ Williams and Sam Freeman are expected to arrive in the Twin Cities around June 10 to get ready for summer school. Also joining them will be Drexel graduate transfer Alihan Demir, who will be a senior next season.

Figuring out when Ihnen will be back in the U.S. for college is a bit more complex. He'll remain in Germany training until the U’s compliance office gets his visa and final grades. That's standard procedure with foreign recruits. The Gophers are just hopeful the process goes smoothly.

“We’re huge in Germany,” Pitino joked this week. “He was someone where we scouted early. Really, really talented. I really believe if he were going to high school in the states he’s probably a top 50, top 75 recruit. We need a versatile wing. We got that. He’s somebody who is going to be a terrific player down the road. Loves basketball. High, High ceiling. So, we’re excited to get him on campus.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-play-for-german-u20-national-team/510386072/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom