I's time for the AD to make this statement -

Well, all I know is come the end of this year, at least one team will be able to call themselves the 2014-2015 National Champions...and it won't be our football, hockey, basketball, track or baseball teams. So how's that for an answer :D
Thanks for sharing all you know. I don't know anything about track,wrestling,rowing, or gymnastics, except I don't want to pay to watch them, or have to pretend to clap for their teams during a line up at a football game.

What a bunch of whiners. If you can't afford a price increase, you need to look at yourself in the mirror and ask if you're working hard enough. You can't find a way to save a few bucks a day every day for something you allegedly love so much? I fly out to every game from Boston, make large donations to Gopher Athletics (my name is engraved in TCF Stadium) and you don't see me acting like a 12 year old girl. Gopher Football doesn't need so called fans who aren't willing to be team players.

On another note, BHGrappler is 100% correct regarding the wrestling program. They win. I still can't understand why they don't use TCF Stadium for their matches, as I'm sure that they'd sell it out. The one disappointing thing about the program is that Brock Lesnar, the man who put the 1 in 21-1, is really the only success story when it comes to guys taking it to the next level. The U really needs to do a Brock Lesnar appreciation day.

Easy BHgrappler. I'm a baseball but also having nothing but the greatest respect for J Robinson and the wrestling program. I love all Gopher sports and hate when the lazy answer to help football, which I have loved going back to Holtz, is to get rid of sports like baseball, wrestling and gymnastics.

100% agree IronRanger. The extremely lazy answer anytime budgetary issues arise with our Revenue sports is to simply cut non-revenue sports. Seems to be the way or society operates these days, as I see it everyday in the business world, with major companies letting go of thousands of employees so they can say they've hit their earnings targets. I call it management by Chicken S*^%!

Wrestling may not be a big money making sport, but it does average around 3300 people per match which is actually above women's hockey and slightly below volleyball. Like I said, not huge numbers, but also nothing to laugh at either for that sport. I believe that is either at or right near the top nationally.

The question isn't how much revenue they bring in compared to other wrestling programs, its how much money they bring in compared to how much they cost.

The question isn't how much revenue they bring in compared to other wrestling programs, its how much money they bring in compared to how much they cost.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown for each of the non-revenue sports.

Well, all I know is come the end of this year, at least one team will be able to call themselves the 2014-2015 National Champions...and it won't be our football, hockey, basketball, track or baseball teams. So how's that for an answer :D

Sure hope so...it's been a while since their last national championship considering how few wrestling programs there are.

Even the hockey, track and baseball teams have won big ten titles since wrestling has.

What a bunch of whiners. If you can't afford a price increase, you need to look at yourself in the mirror and ask if you're working hard enough. You can't find a way to save a few bucks a day every day for something you allegedly love so much? I fly out to every game from Boston, make large donations to Gopher Athletics (my name is engraved in TCF Stadium) and you don't see me acting like a 12 year old girl. Gopher Football doesn't need so called fans who aren't willing to be team players.

On another note, BHGrappler is 100% correct regarding the wrestling program. They win. I still can't understand why they don't use TCF Stadium for their matches, as I'm sure that they'd sell it out. The one disappointing thing about the program is that Brock Lesnar, the man who put the 1 in 21-1, is really the only success story when it comes to guys taking it to the next level. The U really needs to do a Brock Lesnar appreciation day.
I thought you died...

You are seriously questioning the work ethic of the fans who say that they cannot afford the ticket increases. Just an FYI, my job is a high school teacher and my salary is fine for the budget I live in. I do have to cut back when something in my budget doubles in price. I will still be a fan and watch every Saturday on my TV, because this option will fit into my budget. As far as my work ethic - because you claim - those fans should look in the mirror and ask if I am working hard enough. I must be doing something right to because last year I was nominated for my district's teacher of the year.

You are seriously questioning the work ethic of the fans who say that they cannot afford the ticket increases. Just an FYI, my job is a high school teacher and my salary is fine for the budget I live in. I do have to cut back when something in my budget doubles in price. I will still be a fan and watch every Saturday on my TV, because this option will fit into my budget. As far as my work ethic - because you claim - those fans should look in the mirror and ask if I am working hard enough. I must be doing something right to because last year I was nominated for my district's teacher of the year.

I'd like to know leeks real name so we could do a "North Dakota" and take that engraving off from TCF Stadium. It's sad to think such a racist person is affiliated with the U.

By the way. Congratulations on your nomination. Good teachers are hard to come by (mainly because they get so fed up with the system that they quit due to the administrative push for mediocrity.).

I fly out to every game from Boston, make large donations to Gopher Athletics (my name is engraved in TCF Stadium) and you don't see me acting like a 12 year old girl.
QUOTE]

You’re acting like 12-year old girl, a spoiled one.

Top Bottom