Is This the Season PJ Fleck Beats Iowa?

Probably, by virtue of Iowa being really average and now below average with losing McNamara. I guess they will be a bowl team because the rest of their schedule is really weak teams too, so it will look like a reasonable accomplishment for Fleck.

Probably, by virtue of Iowa being really average and now below average with losing McNamara. I guess they will be a bowl team because the rest of their schedule is really weak teams too, so it will look like a reasonable accomplishment for Fleck.
That defense makes them above average IMO…

Hawks wide receivers can't catch a ball. Not much of a running game. Back up QB starting. Pretty much a dumpster fire but heck don't most teams win with their defense. :unsure:

That defense makes them above average IMO…
Not if the offense can’t score AT ALL. They’ve lost their QB and to receiving target off an offense already at the bottom. The D scores points, but not enough to make them an above average scoring team.

Ferentz doesn't like to pay for risks, so he generally doesn't take them.

The slow, low-risk, plodding way that has been PJ's identity at Minnesota, doesn't make teams pay for risks (see the Cajuns turnover on downs inside their own territory that ended with the Gophers punting 3 plays later). So when Iowa plays Minnesota, suddenly Ferentz is taking risks with uncharacteristic play action passes and going for it on fourth down. PJ's staff never seems to take this into account and goes solely off game tape against other teams.

PJ needs to turn the table and play higher risk ball versus Iowa. We can't rely on them being unsettled at QB, Iowa has been unsettled at QB most years of the Fleck era.

All I can say is that if the Gophers get a lead on the Hawkeyes, Fleck better not take his foot off the gas all the way to the end!

If the Gophers beat the Honkeyes this year, it won't be because the Gophers are great. It'll be because the Honkeyes stink.

Good job setting it up so you don’t have to give anyone credit regardless of what happens.
'Setting up' nothing. Do you believe this is the Gophers' year to shine? Based on what we've seen so far, I'd say not.

Looks like Minnesota is playing the Michigan game to beat Iowa as priority #1. Get the bye, heal up, and roll Iowa.

Iowa wins when they need to. I'm going to say "No" until we get the coaching effort for it to say "Yes".

The Iowa game will be anyone's game. I just always feel like they are a little more disciplined, and there is your difference.

How do we score is a mystery, also.

Nope, I trust Iowa to be much better prepared, disciplined, and coached

The Iowa Defense and Special Teams will bail Bryan out once again.

Top Bottom