Is This the Season PJ Fleck Beats Iowa?

SHGopher

Reaction score
Yes. If the defensive secondary can get back to what we expect from that group, like they did in game one against Nebraska, yes.

1696080602369.png

Darius Taylor
1696080727698.png

Fleck may get criticized again for being too conservative, but what are the other options?

Huge game today against Louisiana with a decent offense. Can Gophers bounce back, or will this be a Saturday Cajun roast of the Gophers secondary?

1696081003552.png

I just want to beat the Ragin Cajuns today, they’re not bad

Last edited:

Another turn in fortunes -- this time to the positive.

Gophers just beat Louisiana without Darius Taylor. Gophers now advance to beat Iowa in two games from now.

Nobody expects Gophers to beat Michigan. Only a handful of other pro teams (ahem) can beat them.

Iowa has issues and put up a goose egg against Penn State.

1696100490007.png

I hope so and like us to, but most likely not.

We have shown that we don’t know how to win big or important or notable games. When it’s critical to win, count us out 99% of the time.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? I just don't know.

my gut tells me that it's going to be a 16-14 type of game. I just don't know which team comes out on top.

Iowa faces a beatdown ahead. Maybe. Iowa is not in a strong position.

1696102409870.png

1696102465575.png

We don't know what's going on with Taylor but he wasn't in a wheelchair at the game. Yea, he can beat Iowa depending on the Gophers defense.

I hope so and like us to, but most likely not.

We have shown that we don’t know how to win big or important or notable games. When it’s critical to win, count us out 99% of the time.

What? You think Fleck wins 1 out of 100 notable games as the Gopher coach?

I have no reason to think he can do it.
I will freeze and punt from within their 40 yard line on fourth and short and/or play for field goals.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? I just don't know.

my gut tells me that it's going to be a 16-14 type of game. I just don't know which team comes out on top.
I was going to say "Yes. If we shut them out." I don't bet, but if I did, I'd take the under. Of course, I would have taken the Gophers and the under against Northwestern so I am hardly Nostradamus when it comes to this realm.

Only if the kicking game gets their act together. That's two games in a row with a bone headed mistake. Pull that stuff against Iowa and they'll make the Gophers pay dearly.

Any team in the B1G west can realistically beat any other team in the B1G west.

Am I confident we beat Iowa this year? No. But wouldn’t shock me either. Iowa is not very good.

Only if the kicking game gets their act together. That's two games in a row with a bone headed mistake. Pull that stuff against Iowa and they'll make the Gophers pay dearly.

The kicking game was good today. The return game is comically bad.

We don’t even have to beat Iowa
They’re going to beat themselves

Will we beat Iowa.....who knows.....but we absolutely can beat them. Their offense is a dumpster fire and they probably lost McNamara for a while. Their defense is good but it isn't dominant the way it has been.

Watch the video of the QB McNamara injury. It looks bad. If so, wishing him a great recovery.

"We'll know more about Cade's status early next week," Coach Ferentz said.

“I don’t want to speculate, but it always is concerning; a guy has to get helped off the field,” Ferentz said. “Considering what he’s been through, it’s really tough. You feel bad for any player that gets injured but in his case, it’s rough.”

....The Nevada native missed most of the 2022 season at Michigan due to a right knee injury. After undergoing surgery and rehabbing throughout the season, McNamara entered the transfer portal, ultimately landing in Iowa.

Top Bottom