Is this the end of court storming?

Sure was taking his sweet ass time getting off the court?

Get out of there.

Agree that opposing players/coaches should be given time to get out before storming happens.

Laughable to think you're going to be able to stop thousands of people with even 100-200 security guards.

If you call police, fine. But you're putting 200 cops in a sports arena, instead of on the streets busting real crime, to arrest storm/field stormers?? Come on

It’s storming the court resulted in forfeiture of a win, it would end really, really fast.

Wouldn't solve all the issues, but perhaps it should be required that the student section be located opposite of where the visiting team needs to go after the game. In a lot of these instances, including this one and the Clark knockdown, it seems that the conflict is the players trying to get to their bench/locker room and the crowd rushing in from that same area. I know that schools want the student section as close to the visitors' bench as possible, but it seems like that would lessen the interaction.

Anybody that wants to end court storming shouldn’t get to be a part of NCAA basketball. Lifetime ban.

There. Done. Problem solved via the appropriate penalty.
Disagree. Unless you're on the team, a coach, a cheerleader, a referee or Red Panda, stay off the court.

Anybody that wants to end court storming shouldn’t get to be a part of NCAA basketball. Lifetime ban.

Similarly, anyone that wants to end drinking at the games shouldn't get to be a part of NCAA basketball. Lifetime ban.

...Bottoms up!

Never been a problem for many many years .....so why is it now? Do I think it is crazy in the first place...yes, but it has been happening all in basketball and football mainly.

The SEC has something in place now. 1st time 100K, 2nd time 250K 3rd time 500K fines

LSU just got whacked 100 the other night when they beat Kentucky.

Looks to me the Filipowski stuck his leg out trying to trip the WF fan, thus hurting himself.

Never been a problem for many many years .....so why is it now? Do I think it is crazy in the first place...yes, but it has been happening all in basketball and football mainly.
It’s become an issue because of how poorly it’s being handled and how often teams are rushing the court. Like when they beat almost anyone in the Top 25. Do it enough and without repercussion and people are going to get hurt sooner or later. Protect the players at least a little. Gotta be a middle ground somewhere.

It's exactly like Duke to try to trip someone...and then whine & cry that you got injured.
Did he actually get injured though?

I could see a deep bruise or bone bruise on the inside of the shin, something like that.

Did he actually get injured though?

I could see a deep bruise or bone bruise on the inside of the shin, something like that.
I modified my post. He was taking his sweet time. And then instead of strongly pushing through the crowd...he acted like a weakling, bending over.

I don't know what happened to him. But who cares lol.

Court Storming I feel Jumped the Shark long ago.

Leave it to the dook pussies to find a way to get "hurt" and play victim again. More penalties and fines.

I dislike Duke plenty......but there's still no excuse for rushing the court before the opposing team can get off. It's the home team's responsibility to keep the fans at bay. If they can't....they should be fined by the NCAA.

I dislike Duke plenty......but there's still no excuse for rushing the court before the opposing team can get off. It's the home team's responsibility to keep the fans at bay. If they can't....they should be fined by the NCAA.
Agree. Court/field storming isn’t an issue as long as you make sure the other team can exit without incident.

I don't know how you stop it. fans who want to rush the court will do so - unless there is an overwhelming police presence. I suppose you could bring back the cages.

true fact - the reason basketball players were called "cagers" is because a number of courts - mostly at Eastern gyms - used to be enclosed in rope or wire cages. initially the reason for the cage was to keep the ball from going into the stands. but it was also considered a safety measure to keep players and fans from getting into altercations. the practice ended in the early 1930's but the name "cagers" stuck around.

here is a news clipping from the era:

"In some cities of the New York State League, gladiatorial combats of the ancient Romans pale into insignificance compared with the rowdyism rampant among some of the fans and some of the players. No effort on the part of the managers to curtail such tactics has apparently been made, with the results that the good old indoor game is getting into disrepute. The games are not fit places on some occasions to take a lady, certainly not the sort of contest they should like to witness."

Top Bottom