Is Ragoo gone?

I noticed that last night as well. Must be gone.

And people wondered where the 25 scholarships for this year would come from...

At this rate, we won't hit 85 even with a full class.

The good news is that none of the departees were more than depth guys.

Not to be too insensitive

I noticed that last night as well. Must be gone.

Hopefully he is okay and everything works out for the best for him. This does beg the question as to why Kill's prediction that up to nine or ten players may end up leaving doesn’t seem to be happening. There may be still some more losses after this season but it seems very likely that the total number of losses it is going to be considerably less than predicted.

This may be a good news, bad news kind of thing. The good news is that we didn't lose as many players as predicted but the bad news is that the number of scholarships that will be available for the 2012 class may already be taken. Any thoughts or insights as to this?

"The good news is that none of the departees were more than depth guys."

Who else has left the team? I was wondering about the rumored attrition.

Brent Singleton, Matt Eggen, and now Ragoo are those who have left since the start of training camp.

Brent Singleton, Matt Eggen, and now Ragoo are those who have left since the start of training camp.

Are you positive about Singleton? I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone, but he is still on the roster.

Attrition

"The good news is that none of the departees were more than depth guys."

Who else has left the team? I was wondering about the rumored attrition.

I believe the following players have left since Kill arrived but some may have left before: Bryant Allen, DeLeon Eskridge, Tiree Eure, Josh Tauaefa, Matt Eggen, and Johnathan Ragoo.

In addition the following two players have yet to qualify for playing football at Minnesota: Drayquan Crawford, Quentin Gardner.

Drayquan Crawford wasn't admitted and is now at UNLV

If my math is correct, we had 17 or 18 scholarships available, assuming 17, add 3 departures, and 2 admittance casualties, I get 23 available scholarships, over sign by 2 and I get 25. I say we say sign 25.

Available scholarships number

If my math is correct, we had 17 or 18 scholarships available, assuming 17, add 3 departures, and 2 admittance casualties, I get 23 available scholarships, over sign by 2 and I get 25. I say we say sign 25.

I wish you were right but I am afraid that you are not. The problem lies in the starting point both of us are using, i.e. how many players are presently on scholarships. I have us at 81 and the GopherHole at 82. The difference is Bryan Klitzke who I have still as a walk on but he might have been granted a scholarship. This means that we have either 3 or 4 unfilled scholarships presently. If we then add the 14 or 15 scholarships that will become available after the 2011 season we end up with the total number available scholarship available at 18.

Since we presently have 18 "solid" verbals and 1 "soft" verbal we don't have any excess at the present time. Sure, this number could and most likely will change but Kill is going to have a challenge if he looking to sign many more players.

I wish you were right but I am afraid that you are not. The problem lies in the starting point both of us are using, i.e. how many players are presently on scholarships. I have us at 81 and the GopherHole at 82. The difference is Bryan Klitzke who I have still as a walk on but he might have been granted a scholarship. This means that we have either 3 or 4 unfilled scholarships presently. If we then add the 14 or 15 scholarships that will become available after the 2011 season we end up with the total number available scholarship available at 18.
Since we presently have 18 "solid" verbals and 1 "soft" verbal we don't have any excess at the present time. Sure, this number could and most likely will change but Kill is going to have a challenge if he looking to sign many more players.

I assume he expects more kids to quit when they realize they are not going to play in this system. I think there are players who fit the old system that will never play in this system. Additionally, there are a few guys who, based on quotes taken form other articles, still are not with the program in terms of school work, and other responsibilities. I would be surprised if a player gets to miss the boat for more than one year.

I assume he expects more kids to quit when they realize they are not going to play in this system. I think there are players who fit the old system that will never play in this system. Additionally, there are a few guys who, based on quotes taken form other articles, still are not with the program in terms of school work, and other responsibilities. I would be surprised if a player gets to miss the boat for more than one year.

Wait, Brewster had a system?

That is not what he said

What you have stated above may turn out to be true but if you go back and read what he said, you will realize it was based on some other incorrect assumptions.

Top Bottom