Is M. Gray Still The #2 QB?

Stargenes

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice Moses Alipate warming up on the sidelines on Saturday and then the quick confirmation that he was going in for Weber if needed during the post game Presser? I was shocked that there was no follow up to the comment or answer.

Interesting. I would be fun to see Moses out there. Maybe on Saturday they'll give him some playing time. It's not like we're playing for anything the rest of the way. They might as well let everyone get their feet wet and have a little fun.

Did anyone else notice Moses Alipate warming up on the sidelines on Saturday and then the quick confirmation that he was going in for Weber if needed during the post game Presser? I was shocked that there was no follow up to the comment or answer.

Brewster confirmed postgame that Alipate would have gone in had Weber been injured.

Does this indicate the Gray has made a full time switch to WR?

Brewster confirmed postgame that Alipate would have gone in had Weber been injured.

And this sort of thing is why he is no longer coaching. It's not rocket science. Get your best athlete the ball, as many times as possible. Good grief.

Has Gray gotten a direct snap all year? I can't figure out for the life of me why Gray was not at least used in a wildcat formation a handful of times every game. Thankfully a new coach is incoming so that we hopefully quit wasting Gray's college career.

Does this indicate the Gray has made a full time switch to WR?
Not anymore. Depending on the next system put in place, he could be our ideal QB.

I'd love to see atleast 1 option play.

Gray did get 1 snap at QB this year. Can't remember if it was against NIU or USD.

The reason Gray wasn't going to go in at QB if Weber was out is that he is our best #2 WR option. He is irreplaceable at WR. Heck, if we moved Gray to linebacker, corner, DE, etc. he would be irreplaceable there also!

It just shows how far behind we are in TALENT at just about every position.

Did anyone else notice Gray was also returning kicks during the Purdue game?

Good call Josh

Gray and Stoudemire (sp?) are the two best athletes on the team and could play almost any position between the two of the except for maybe center/NT. Maybe they should both play both sides of the ball!

I think everyone is getting too caught up in labeling the system. Why not incorporate elements from different schemes into the playbook.

This not only gives the offense a better chance of being successful by creating different looks on game day but makes the offense more difficult to plan for during the week of preparation.

This can successfully utilize the talent on the roster as well as keep the team from becoming predictable.

Gray did get 1 snap at QB this year. Can't remember if it was against NIU or USD.

The reason Gray wasn't going to go in at QB if Weber was out is that he is our best #2 WR option. He is irreplaceable at WR. Heck, if we moved Gray to linebacker, corner, DE, etc. he would be irreplaceable there also!

It just shows how far behind we are in TALENT at just about every position.

If Weber wasn't so bad, I could understand this reasoning. Brew would have been wise to read "A Dumb Asses Guide To Coaching Pee-Wee Football" and put his best player at QB.

That was Johnny Johnson, the other #5.

Ahhhhh thank god. I had kind of stopped paying attention to the game at that point. But I saw a number 5 back there and was pretty sure the commentator said 'Gray returning the kick' or something. Then I had a little seizure and had to leave the tv again.

Top Bottom