Is Krabbenhoft a goon?

Certainly looked like a cheap shot to me, maybe he's been secretly idolizing this guy:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JBgyvFRBkDU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JBgyvFRBkDU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here you go. This would be 5 in hockey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZHWz_5Amd8

In hockey that would have been game misconduct and would have beed tossed which should have happened here. In the pros the would have been suspended without pay and fined atleast 10 grand.

I'm sure Painter sent tape to the league office pointing what happened, which he shouldn't even had to do. Now lets see if the Big Ten brass has any balls and gets rid of Krabbenhoft for a period of time.

"Let's see what the Big Ten does about Krabbenhoft. If they don't suspend him, there is something fishy going on."

I wouldn't hold your breath. By suspending Krabbenhoft, they would be "showing up" the refs that didn't even call it a foul. Protecting the refs trumps justice.

This situation is why fighting in hockey has its merits. If this were on ice, Kramer would have beat the sh!t out of him or the threat of violence would have prevented the premeditated flying elbow in the first place.

This got me thinking, who would be the enforcer on our team? From what I've seen so far I would think Westbrook or Carter would be some of the first to come to the aid of teamates. Neither one is big in stature (Westbrooks pretty bulky but only 6' ish). It would be kind of fun to see Westbrook go toe to toe with someone like Krabbenhoft. Not talking and actual fight but just the confrontation part of it.

This situation is why fighting in hockey has its merits. If this were on ice, Kramer would have beat the sh!t out of him or the threat of violence would have prevented the premeditated flying elbow in the first place.

I'm going to assume you're not a college hockey fan, or else how would you explain the Mich St./Mich debacle last weekend? Thugs will be thugs no matter the sport.

I used to have a lot of respect for the way Krabbenhoft plays, but this shot knocked him down a few pegs in my eyes. It would've been a great pick if it hadn't included the vicious elbow/forearm to the face.

Dude, let it go.

At the end of each of these games (Minnesota and Purdue), one team took control and the other team was unable to answer when it mattered most.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

They're snakebit. The refs are out to get them. The B10 is out to get Bo. It has to be something other than the Badgers are not very good. It just has to...

*sniff*

Amazing how only one Becky fan has chimed in on this and the one fan didn't even address whether it was a dirty play. I think that sums it all up right there.

They sometimes do. In the Ohio State v. Miami game earlier this year the referees went to replay to see if Jack McClinton's slap to Anthony Carter's face was intentional or not. They determined it was, and proceeded to eject him from the game.

Ironic that on the very day I say I've never seen the ref do this, that I'm watching Michigan-Ohio State tonight and they do it, resulting in an ejection.

He is a good player but that play was obviously a foul. I brought it up when talking smack to the becky fans in the cubes next to me this morning and one of them said no way it was a foul.

How can using your elbows in a pick not be a foul?

UWOle, what is your take on the actions of Badger Krabby? Was it clean or a cheap shot? Would Bo Ryan have blown his gasket if a Purdue player had done that with no call?

I don't think there's any question a foul should have been called on Krabbenhoft. Not sure why he extended his arms, had he just stood there, it would have been a clean, hard screen and sent the same message. Cheap play in my opinion. That said, Joe is not a dirty player. He's been a very solid player for UW for four years and a great representative of the school and program. Good student, hard worker, never heard him described as anything but a good kid. Perhaps the tough losses in the last couple weeks got to him a bit, can't really explain the extra action on the pick, but it was not needed. The following was posted this evening on the Badger board, can't say I disagree with it:

"Joe's follow through with his left arm was pretty strong. Personally, I am embarrassed for him and Wisconsin. Joe is NOT a dirty player. I don't know what he was thinking at that moment but the replay is not a credit to his usual hard-nosed, but clean play."

Who got the boot?

Novak from Michigan threw a blatant elbow on PJ Hill while they were getting ready to box out for a FT. Dirty play by Novak. Happened with about 90 seconds left in a game that's outcome was no longer in doubt (OSU winning).

Top Bottom