Is it really this bad?

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Gophers have played three games.

Only one of the three games can be viewed as a complete disaster or unexpected. The negativity on this board continues to astound me.

Only one of the three games can be viewed as a complete disaster or unexpected. The negativity on this board continues to astound me.

One man's negativity is another's realism.

"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality."
- Ayn Rand (1905 - 1982)

The loss to USD is what is bringing it out. If we would have taken care of business and beaten them by 21 points things would be different. Brew had to have a good season this year to start with. It is in serious jepoardy now. I hope for a miracle.

The loss to USD is what is bringing it out. If we would have taken care of business and beaten them by 21 points things would be different. Brew had to have a good season this year to start with. It is in serious jepoardy now. I hope for a miracle.

QFT

I would expect another influx of critics if we get beat by NIU on Saturday. Seriously.

In another thread, I had made an analogy of the Gophers being a McDonald's soft drink that has been sitting around too long half full. The bottom of the cup is getting so soggy that it is getting ready to fall out. I stick by it.

I was just saying the same thing to my dad. They have lost exactly ONE game they shouldn't have so far this season. I'm letting at least the first few games of the Big Ten season play out before jumping to conclusions.

The USD game brought me from giving Brew the benefit of the doubt to thinking he has to earn his respect on the field this season. If he can hit 6-6, I'm with him no matter what. 4-8 and 5-7 depends on the victories, and the margins of defeat. 3-9... unless every loss is close and the wins are Wisconsin and Iowa, my support for Brewster is gone for at least 9 months. And I would likely be very forgiving at 5-7, and to an extent, 4-8. I want him to have five full years.

I was just saying the same thing to my dad. They have lost exactly ONE game they shouldn't have so far this season. I'm letting at least the first few games of the Big Ten season play out before jumping to conclusions.

Agreed, but previously I defended him vigorously. Now, he has to earn my vigorous support by winning some games. I'm certainly not calling for his head - but, based on 1-2 in the first three games, it does not project well to season's end.

Yes

The USD game brought me from giving Brew the benefit of the doubt to thinking he has to earn his respect on the field this season. If he can hit 6-6, I'm with him no matter what. 4-8 and 5-7 depends on the victories, and the margins of defeat. 3-9... unless every loss is close and the wins are Wisconsin and Iowa, my support for Brewster is gone for at least 9 months. And I would likely be very forgiving at 5-7, and to an extent, 4-8. I want him to have five full years.

It is this bad.

The loss to USD is absolutely inexcusable. I'm all-in as a Gopher fan, but if Minnesota can't beat a middle-of-the-pack FCS team EVEN on a bad day, I cannot understand how this team could compete for a .500 Big Ten record.

Also, I refuse to believe that at Minnesota we should feel good about a program that averages 5-6 wins over a 4-5 year span. That's not middle-of-the road. In the Big Ten, a four or five-win season should be the low-point for middle tier program.

It is this bad.

The loss to USD is absolutely inexcusable. I'm all-in as a Gopher fan, but if Minnesota can't beat a middle-of-the-pack FCS team EVEN on a bad day, I cannot understand how this team could compete for a .500 Big Ten record.

Also, I refuse to believe that at Minnesota we should feel good about a program that averages 5-6 wins over a 4-5 year span. That's not middle-of-the road. In the Big Ten, a four or five-win season should be the low-point for middle tier program.

Hear! Hear! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah well it started long before the season began, when Brewster announced that Weber was again the starting QB and the entire program and most Gopher fans groaned and rolled their eyes and said "god this is going to be a longggg year." Little did they know just how long it's going to be.

There was no excitement in the program to begin the year, and after a mediocre win against MTSU and a home loss to a Dakota team, along with probably the most boring gameplan in Gopher football since perhaps the '70s to follow that, you wonder why people would rather rake leaves or watch dew dry than watch the Gophers?

There is zero interest in the program from casual fans. There is feigning interest in the program from good fans. The program is dying. Quickly. New QB and new coach are desperately needed before a lot of the young players transfer.

It is this bad.

/pointing emphatically to nose. DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!

Nobody is going to make me feel bad about my passion for this team and my steadfast belief that they can and will do better. Being upset doesn't make us bad fans. The majority of us who say that things can be better and push and push and push for it and continue to talk about it until we're maroon in the face are also the ones that are at every game, that re-watch every game on DVR, that support whatever we can when it comes to Gopher football.

Top Bottom