Is Decker's ankle injury going to hamper him like last year?

gophermanic

Banned
Reaction score
We have to have ED on the field and healthy or we really do not have any chance of scoring a touchdown against solid teams.

We have to have ED on the field and healthy or we really do not have any chance of scoring a touchdown against solid teams.

what?!?! when did he get an ankle injury today? i was at the game and did not notice this with decker. did i miss something at the very, very end that happened? anyone?! how did i miss this? must have zoned out from my slight bought with depression during the last 8 minutes of the game.

Yes when he caught the pass at the 40 with 2 minutes left, he hobbled off the field and didnt return.

Yes when he caught the pass at the 40 with 2 minutes left, he hobbled off the field and didnt return.

wonderful.....just f-ing wonderful (especially in what was technically garbage time at that point). not sure why i didn't notice him leave the field......did they show a replay? how did it look on the play? hopefully it was just precautionary that he didn't play the rest of the way since it was unfortunately out-of-reach at that point.

wonderful.....just f-ing wonderful (especially in what was technically garbage time at that point). not sure why i didn't notice him leave the field......did they show a replay? how did it look on the play? hopefully it was just precautionary that he didn't play the rest of the way since it was unfortunately out-of-reach at that point.

All I know is that ESPN showed him going to a cart and the trainer removing his shoe and sock to put a giant bag of ice on his ankle. He was walking (more like skipping) across the field on it, so it didn't seem that bad, but reminded me of a lingering injury that got tweaked again.

Lingering injuries have a way of hurting real bad for about 5-10 minutes and then being good enough to play on again soon after. Let's hope whatever it is is minor!!

You couldn't really tell from the replay. Decker spent the rest of the game laying on a table with his shoe off and a bag of ice wrapped to his ankle.

All I know is that ESPN showed him going to a cart and the trainer removing his shoe and sock to put a giant bag of ice on his ankle. He was walking (more like skipping) across the field on it, so it didn't seem that bad, but reminded me of a lingering injury that got tweaked again.

Lingering injuries have a way of hurting real bad for about 5-10 minutes and then being good enough to play on again soon after. Let's hope whatever it is is minor!!

growing up playing competitive hockey, i know this all too well! ;)

on tv, didn't look good

he looked very dejected, went right to the trainers table, layed down as they immediately took off his shoe, cut the tape and got a big bag of ice on it. When he layed down, he could be seen clearly mouthing " f me". His demeanor led me to believe that this is not just a mild sprain

he looked very dejected, went right to the trainers table, layed down as they immediately took off his shoe, cut the tape and got a big bag of ice on it. When he layed down, he could be seen clearly mouthing " f me". His demeanor led me to believe that this is not just a mild sprain

Very hard to tell until someone releases some information on this; however, watching the replay of the play it was not apparent why his ankle would have been injured. A very bad injury is usually pretty obvious. His injury last year was fairly obvious. Willis McGahee's injury was very obvious. This one? I'd have never known he was badly injured had he not gone to the trainer's cart.

Blake Hoffarber had an ankle injury for the bball team this past year where he was in horrible pain afterward, yet he returned to play within a few weeks. If I were to guess, I'd say Decker won't be out more than 2-3 weeks here. Problem is, these next two games are critical to the Gophers and are both winnable.

Yes, but while the game was pretty much over, there was a very very slight glimmer of hope still for the Gophs at that point ... or enough hope that a competitor like Decker would want to be out there. His reaction could be that the injury is serious or it could just be frustration at knowing his day was over and there was time to play. We'll see ...

Yes, but while the game was pretty much over, there was a very very slight glimmer of hope still for the Gophs at that point ... or enough hope that a competitor like Decker would want to be out there. His reaction could be that the injury is serious or it could just be frustration at knowing his day was over and there was time to play. We'll see ...

Jags - I was about to post almost the exact same thing - a competitive person is always dejected when they can't help the team, and at that point the Gophers still had a chance (until he went out and Weber didn't know what to do anymore).

honestly who would really want to give that reusse-clone an injury-report exclusive?! i know i wouldn't.

In which case you would have missed out on being the subject of a really nice article that would help the world appreciate the essence of your greatness.

deckerhurt.jpg

Decker walking off under his own power with a ton of ice taped to his ankle.

Brewster has said Decker's ankle should be find for next week. That is the good news. The bad news is they very much underplayed it last year until it became so obvious he had to miss full games.

Top Bottom