Is Clark Kellogg high?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
In all seriousness, Clark is one of my favorite analysts, but he was flat out way off his game today. He truly thinks the Gophers aren't a certainty for the NCAA field? That is so far off, it's ridiculous. They're in. No doubt about it.

What's strange is before the game he said the Gophers needed to beat Purdue to secure a bid. Then the Gophers go out and shellack the Boilers, and then he changes his tune. All of a sudden he changed his mind and says they still might not be in. So what changed, Clark?

We're in. There aren't enough bid-stealers out there to knock us out. The only possible ones left are if Utah State loses and/or if Mississippi State wins the SEC. There's no way in hell some of the teams they were mentioning as "possibly in" (Rhode Island, Mississippi State, Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, Florida) are ahead of the Gophers in the at-large pecking order, especially considering what we've accomplished in Indy.

It feels good to hear that we are good to go from you SS. I noticed on ESPN.com that they don't have a thing about our win. Is there anyone else that we should be rooting for? They said in the Wash/Cal broadcast that Washington is in regardless of the outcome of their game. Does it matter who wins that one?

Amen, SS. I couldn't believe the negativity CK was throwing our way during the game! We were a lock if we beat Purdue, but we BLEW THEM OUT...that would make us...A LOCK!

Clark kellogg clearly hates us, I'm officially off the Clark kellogg bandwagon. We are a lock for the tournament, not a doubt in my mind. Bring on Ohio State!

Purdue

Purdue essentially had a home game. Every year the Big10 tourney is in Indiana!!! Bring it back to Chicago every other year guys!!!

Clark kellogg clearly hates us, I'm officially off the Clark kellogg bandwagon. We are a lock for the tournament, not a doubt in my mind. Bring on Ohio State!

I wonder why Clark hates us...he is a big ten product!

In all honesty, I'm no longer worried about the other games. The Gophers are far enough away from the cut line that even if there are bad results (such as Utah State losing or Mississippi State winning), we won't be one of the teams bumped. It's certainly possible I could be wrong, but considering how few bubble teams have done any significant damage during their conference tourneys (San Diego State and Illinois are the only ones I can think of), how could they not take a team that beat two top-30 RPI teams on their way to the championship game?

Also chew on this. Of the 10 teams I had on the bubble entering the day (with 6 available bids), the Gophers and Illinois now are the only ones with 5 top-50 wins. It's looking like 6 bids for the Big Ten. I honestly can't see how Illinois will get left out, either.

Don't know if Clark Kellogg "hates" the Gophers, but he is right.

Win the BT Tourney and they're in. Don't beat tOSU and it goes to the selection committee. Gophers haven't been getting alot of love lately by "committee."

My biggest CK (not CC) disappointment was that he didn't know that the Gophers beat tOSU WITH Evan Turner (not when he was out). In all fairness, it was his first game back, but he didn't look any worse for the wear.

The Gophers need to carry this "respect" thing to its natural conclusion: win the damn thing tomorrow, period. Minnesota is clearly the team with most momentum in the BT tournament.

When CBS replaced Billy Packer with Clark Kellogg I thought it was a terrible mistake. Packer was horrible - such a Dukie- and IMO Kellogg has always been worse than Packer. I hope CBS finds somebody else before they ruin whoever has to partner with him.

In all seriousness, Clark is one of my favorite analysts, but he was flat out way off his game today. He truly thinks the Gophers aren't a certainty for the NCAA field? That is so far off, it's ridiculous. They're in. No doubt about it.

What's strange is before the game he said the Gophers needed to beat Purdue to secure a bid. Then the Gophers go out and shellack the Boilers, and then he changes his tune. All of a sudden he changed his mind and says they still might not be in. So what changed, Clark?

We're in. There aren't enough bid-stealers out there to knock us out. The only possible ones left are if Utah State loses and/or if Mississippi State wins the SEC. There's no way in hell some of the teams they were mentioning as "possibly in" (Rhode Island, Mississippi State, Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, Florida) are ahead of the Gophers in the at-large pecking order, especially considering what we've accomplished in Indy.
Great point! Can someone tell Jim Nance & Clark Kellogg that when the Gophers laid a 11 point beat down on Ohio State, Evan Turner played 38 minutes and had 19 points. They repeatedly said that Minnesota won, but OSU didn't have Turner playing. Isn't 38 out of 40 minutes "playing". I expect more from top analyst. Who did they have check the facts, Dan Rather? GET THE FACTS!

My biggest CK (not CC) disappointment was that he didn't know that the Gophers beat tOSU WITH Evan Turner (not when he was out). In all fairness, it was his first game back, but he didn't look any worse for the wear.

It was not his first game back. He played against IU in the game before the barn, so you're wrong as well.

CK is a moron. He spent all day saying ILL is a lock and that the Gophs need to do more. There is no way in hell that ILL is in over UM. Period. End of story.

It was not his first game back. He played against IU in the game before the barn, so you're wrong as well.

CK is a moron. He spent all day saying ILL is a lock and that the Gophs need to do more. There is no way in hell that ILL is in over UM. Period. End of story.

It is close. I would say our resumes are about equal at this point. We are both getting in, or we not getting in, and I think we are both getting in is looking likely at this point!:clap:

Six BT teams!

Don't know if Clark Kellogg "hates" the Gophers, but he is right.

Win the BT Tourney and they're in. Don't beat tOSU and it goes to the selection committee. Gophers haven't been getting alot of love lately by "committee."

The Gophers need to carry this "respect" thing to its natural conclusion: win the damn thing tomorrow, period. Minnesota is clearly the team with most momentum in the BT tournament.

Correction. It was Evan Turner's second game back. He had 19 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, and shot over 50%. It drives me crazy when people on ESPN and other analysts say we beat them without Turner. Anyone who thinks we are on the bubble either thinks our win against OSU doesn't count because we "beat them without Evan Turner," or they haven't even looked at the resumes of the actual bubble teams. Either way they are idiots.

There is no question we can't count on the committee to vote us in. There is also no question that we should be in. Best way to do it is win it all! Wonder what kind of seed they would give the Big Ten Champs, if we did win. That has a nice ring to it!

Another thing to take into the equation is the fact that our game at 2:30 won't get done until about 15 mins before the committee must submit their brackets. I remember a few years ago Wisconsin won the BTT, and ended up as 6 seed when they should have been a 3-4. The committee's excuse was that they had to have their bracket all set and ready to go regardless of the outcome. If the committee has the Gophers in (which they better unless they are on LSD's) they might have already placed us in a seed regardless of whether or not we win tomorrow.

Another thing to take into the equation is the fact that our game at 2:30 won't get done until about 15 mins before the committee must submit their brackets. I remember a few years ago Wisconsin won the BTT, and ended up as 6 seed when they should have been a 3-4. The committee's excuse was that they had to have their bracket all set and ready to go regardless of the outcome. If the committee has the Gophers in (which they better unless they are on LSD's) they might have already placed us in a seed regardless of whether or not we win tomorrow.

Not saying you're wrong becuase I have no idea, but that just doesn't sound like it could be right. How could they ever have their brackets set before the season is 100% complete?

Okay, Okay... SECOND game back.

Bottom line is the ET debate doesn't make up for losing twice to Michigan or loses to IU and Portland. That and lack of any real NC signature wins other than Butler, is the Gopher's problem. If you trust the selection committee, then will the Gophers to lose tomorrow...

Gophers need to win the BT Tourney. For what it's worth, I believe they are primed to do so.

Okay, Okay... SECOND game back.

Bottom line is the ET debate doesn't make up for losing twice to Michigan or loses to IU and Portland. That and lack of any real NC signature wins other than Butler, is the Gopher's problem. If you trust the selection committee, then will the Gophers to lose tomorrow...

Gophers need to win the BT Tourney. For what it's worth, I believe they are primed to do so.

When you beat Michigan State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Illionois, then yes it does make up for losing to Michigan twice and IU and Portland. Tell me the other Bubble teams you have in over the Gophers and why you have them in? Love to hear your reasoning

When you beat Michigan State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Illionois, then yes it does make up for losing to Michigan twice and IU and Portland. Tell me the other Bubble teams you have in over the Gophers and why you have them in? Love to hear your reasoning

In a word: Respect (or rather, lack of respect)

The CBS analyst exchange about OSU v MN game is evidence that no one outside this fan site has much respect for Minnesota, its "body of work" or even the strength of the Big Ten Conference.

My prediction (not gonna debate it, just an OPINION) is that if Minnesota wins tomorrow they are in and Illinois might be out. If Minnesota loses they are out and Illinois is in (as wacky as that might seem). After all, Illinois brings Michael Jordan to the tourney, Minnesota brings Ralph Sampson Jr. (who brings in more marketing bucks?). Laugh at that notion, but this is a business people.

Let's see how it plays out.

Are some people just dumb on this site, or are they that dumb in the real world too?

My prediction (not gonna debate it, just an OPINION) is that if Minnesota wins tomorrow they are in and Illinois might be out..

LOL...way to go out on a limb. If we win tomorrow, we get the Big Ten's automatic bid.

The Gopher SID needs to notify CBS and CK that Turner played in the game we beat them. That's part of the SIDs job and I hope someone got the message to him that they are saying this.

Steve Lavin also recently said that we beat UW without Leuer.

Go Gophers!!

the media folks are morans

Maybe they should mention Minnesota is in the BTT finals, despite not having Nolen, Mbakwe and White.

I am confident that the selection committee is not as dumb as Clark Kellogg

Maybe they should mention Minnesota is in the BTT finals, despite not having Nolen, Mbakwe and White.

I am confident that the selection committee is not as dumb as Clark Kellogg

I'm not, did you hear the UCLA AD (the chair of the selection committee)? I have very little confidence in that committee after hearing him speak.

After all, Illinois brings Michael Jordan to the tourney, Minnesota brings Ralph Sampson Jr. (who brings in more marketing bucks?). Laugh at that notion, but this is a business people.

Yeah, that's why Central Florida all but has their bid locked up, too.

Kellogg also said in the first half of the game "Purdue is solidly on the 2 or 3 line no matter the outcome of the game."

Then in the 2nd half with Purdue down 30 he utters, "Purdue may slide all the way to a 4 or 5."

DONT

TRUST

COLOR

ANALYSTS

THEY

ARE

ONLY

FORMER

PLAYERS

Trust the bracketologists that do this for a living.

Top Bottom