Iowa's McNamara likely out for season with leg injury suffered on Saturday

Right, I get that Mertz is playing well at FL! That doesn't change the fact that he looked like he had no business being on the field for the badgers much of the time and Hill must not have been a better option! I'm not worried about him being the second coming of Chuck Long for the Hawkeyes!

He and Mason were frequent analysts for BTN in the early days. Did they “ age out” ? Really miss Mase on game calls.

So far this year, iowa is averaging 240 yards per game.

11 NCAA teams are averaging twice that.

iowa is actually averaging 18 fewer yards per game than last year.

He and Mason were frequent analysts for BTN in the early days. Did they “ age out” ? Really miss Mase on game calls.
I think so. Mase has been pretty candid when on with Barreiro that he isn't doing BTN anymore because they didn't want him back. I miss him more in the studio than on the game calls, but wish he was still there in some capacity.

It's Iowa they are always competitive and when their Defense and Special Teams are, exponentially, better than most teams, they will be there in the end.
I’m sure they will be a challenge,but lately not because of their offense.

I think so. Mase has been pretty candid when on with Barreiro that he isn't doing BTN anymore because they didn't want him back. I miss him more in the studio than on the game calls, but wish he was still there in some capacity.

That’s too bad. Maybe some egos at odds. They need some more gravitas on their broadcasts.

That’s too bad. Maybe some egos at odds. They need some more gravitas on their broadcasts.
No one under a certain age know who Glen Mason is. It's simply going with younger talent and $$ probably.

You’re probably right but BTN has the feel of a small market internship program, too often.
Which is fine because they carry about 2-3 games a week these days and they are the bad games typically.

It's Iowa they are always competitive and when their Defense and Special Teams are, exponentially, better than most teams, they will be there in the end.
Yep. MSU literally did everything they needed to do in order to lose that game. Shanked punt to give Iowa a short field then a low line drive punt to one of the best punt returners in the game where he could catch it with nobody near him and get a full head of steam going en route to a TD. MSU has nobody to blame but MSU for what should have been a victory but they let Iowa, Iowa their way to another win inspite of their horrendous offense.

They won because Iowa puts far more emphasis on special teams. Have for years. How the special teams coach for the Gophers still has his job is beyond me.

They won because Iowa puts far more emphasis on special teams. Have for years. How the special teams coach for the Gophers still has his job is beyond me.
The crazy part about the special teams plays in that game is that the MSU punter absolutely crushed his first 4 punts to the tune of 2 that went over 60 yards and the other two over 50 yards. But at the key moment of the game he shanks one for 15 and then hits a horrible line drive punt to DeJean. Those two punts had nothing to do with Iowa the MSU punter just screwed up at the worst possible time.

MSU blew that game in almost every way possible. 10 penalties, 4 turnovers, 2 horrible punts was all it took for them to manage to lose by 10 to a team that struggled to gain over 200 total yards for the game.

Iowa's defense is good but a big step down from where it was last year. Their offense might actually be worse and I didn't really think that was possible after how bad they were last year. Teams that don't help them are going to beat them....teams that make a ton of mistakes will lose because Iowa is always very good at making people pay for mistakes.

Top Bottom