Iowa's McNamara likely out for season with leg injury suffered on Saturday

I know the next guy probably isn’t better / didn’t win the spot but … hard to get worse and who knows…

Granted their WRs have not helped with drops too…

I hate to say it it but this change at quarterback might even help them. McNamara (because of his injury) looked like Iowas Petras from last year—couldn’t do crap.
This Hill kid—while not real mobile—has a cannon with his throws.

Yep, Iowa-ist thing ever if he comes in and lights it up. Decent prospect, said to have a big arm and DBs might just bounce off him. Biggest knock is Golden Corral frame.

I hate to say it it but this change at quarterback might even help them. McNamara (because of his injury) looked like Iowas Petras from last year—couldn’t do crap.
Yep. Be careful that this doesn’t work out very well for IA. Would be so very “them”.

Oh, yeah... when it comes to playing QB, it's all about the "cannon", I guess.

Is Hill's "cannon" more powerful than Kaliakmanis' "cannon"? Which of those two players can throw it harder/farther?

Hill couldn't beat out Mertz at wi fwiw!
I've caught a few minutes of a couple of Florida games and Mertz looks much better in the Florida offense than he did in Wisconsin's. Chalk one up for Chryst, I guess. He's still not the player that Badger fans ballyhooed when he landed in Madison, but he at least looks like a FBS-level QB now.

Feel bad for McNamara. I wonder if the injury gives Brian Ferentz a bit of a pass on the 25/game point threshold.

Is Hill's "cannon" more powerful than Kaliakmanis' "cannon"? Which of those two players can throw it harder/farther?
You know I couldn’t really answer that question. I’m just going by what I saw on Saturday—plus what my Iowan brother has been spewing about.

Watched a big part of that game. It was a tough fall on the knee. Immediately looked like trouble.

The backup QB stepped in and did his part. Got better as the game went on. Like always in IC we must find a way to get some points on the board no matter who is QB on their side.

The fans do a mean black-out too. 99% compliance. People wearing hawk yellow really stood out.

I know you’re joking but I remember lots of Jamarcus Russell facts. “He can throw a ball 60 yards while sitting” but unfortunately he couldn’t throw a 7 yard slant so it didn’t matter

Only Gopher fans could turn Iowa losing its QB to a major injury into an "oh crap we're screwed" narrative.

Seems mostly tongue in cheek, but Kirk has seemingly been inside PJs head for a few years running now as well. Time to get the monkey of that back.

I know you’re joking but I remember lots of Jamarcus Russell facts. “He can throw a ball 60 yards while sitting” but unfortunately he couldn’t throw a 7 yard slant so it didn’t matter

Wait, wait, wait... are you trying to say that there may be more to playing QB than having a "cannon"?

That's absurd!

Hill couldn't beat out Mertz at wi fwiw!
Mertz won the job at Florida. They are 3 and 2.
Florida got trucked by Kentucky last Saturday but Mertz was 25 for 30 and 244 yards with 2 TD's.
KY went PJ with 334 yards on the ground.

Florida's two backs had 71 net yards on 21 carries and Mertz was sacked 3 times so the offensive line is not helping anybody much. Florida was #22 in the polls prior to playing Kentucky...so it would appear Mertz does have some talent and leadership.

Sorry, can't dis I-O-W-A in IC until we defeat I-O-W-A in IC. Still hate'em but just the way it is...

Mertz won the job at Florida. They are 3 and 2.
Florida got trucked by Kentucky last Saturday but Mertz was 25 for 30 and 244 yards with 2 TD's.
KY went PJ with 334 yards on the ground.

Florida's two backs had 71 net yards on 21 carries and Mertz was sacked 3 times so the offensive line is not helping anybody much. Florida was #22 in the polls prior to playing Kentucky...so it would appear Mertz does have some talent and leadership.
Right, I get that Mertz is playing well at FL! That doesn't change the fact that he looked like he had no business being on the field for the badgers much of the time and Hill must not have been a better option! I'm not worried about him being the second coming of Chuck Long for the Hawkeyes!

I know the next guy probably isn’t better / didn’t win the spot but … hard to get worse and who knows…

Granted their WRs have not helped with drops too…
It's Iowa they are always competitive and when their Defense and Special Teams are, exponentially, better than most teams, they will be there in the end.

Top Bottom