Iowa Tampering Death Penalty Incoming!

Overblown and dumb in 2024. He switched form Iowa at the last minute and had all the relationships. They texted him in support.

With National recruiting, 7 on 7 leagues, social media, etc. tampering is the least of the worries in college sports.

Overblown and dumb in 2024. He switched form Iowa at the last minute and had all the relationships. They texted him in support.

With National recruiting, 7 on 7 leagues, social media, etc. tampering is the least of the worries in college sports.
Disagree. This is the most egregious infraction in the history of college football and Iowa should be forced to shut down their football program.

AND, BONUS!! When I clicked on the link I got to learn how to prevent squirrels from destroying my bird feeders! What a day! Iowa gets the death penalty and I learn how to out smart annoying squirrels!

even if it was straight-out tampering - does anyone think the NCAA has the manpower or the inclination to do anything about it?

the NCAA has basically thrown up its hands on NIL and transfers, and said "this is out of our control. someone please come in and save us."

I will note that Dennis Evans signed a letter of intent with MN. and then he reneged on the LOI and magically received $400,000 in NIL to attend Louisville. No tampering there, nope, not at all.

it's like Butch Cassidy.

Butch Cassidy : No, no, not yet. Not until me and Harvey get the rules straightened out.
Harvey Logan : Rules? In a knife fight? No rules!
[Butch immediately kicks Harvey in the groin]
Butch Cassidy : Well, if there aint' going to be any rules, let's get the fight started.

The NCAA is a paper tiger. Remember the phantom classes at North Carolina? For 18 years, thousands of students at the prestigious University of North Carolina took fake "paper classes," and advisers funneled athletes into the program to keep them eligible. Integrity must end at Duke in North Carolina. I forgot the NCAA punishment, anyone remember?

even if it was straight-out tampering - does anyone think the NCAA has the manpower or the inclination to do anything about it?

the NCAA has basically thrown up its hands on NIL and transfers, and said "this is out of our control. someone please come in and save us."

I will note that Dennis Evans signed a letter of intent with MN. and then he reneged on the LOI and magically received $400,000 in NIL to attend Louisville. No tampering there, nope, not at all.

it's like Butch Cassidy.

Butch Cassidy : No, no, not yet. Not until me and Harvey get the rules straightened out.
Harvey Logan : Rules? In a knife fight? No rules!
[Butch immediately kicks Harvey in the groin]
Butch Cassidy : Well, if there aint' going to be any rules, let's get the fight started.
The NCAA can look in the mirror and blame only themselves for the current state of college athletics with the portal and NIL. They could have had this addressed years ago, but they were greedy as hell and thought they had limitless power.

Now they're lucky they're still an entity at all.

So, we know for certain that if you keep texting a kid who you recruited but went to another school, he's on that school's roster, he's their player, but you keep texting him saying things like "Great game!" and "We're proud of you!" ........ that's not tampering?

:ROFLMAO:

I can only assume the rolodex of players that Fleck tried to recruit and turned him down, who he is texting on a weekly basis with positive messages.

Nothing will come of this but I am sure the Iowa coaches were all just shaking their heads when those comments were made by Proctor.

It is fascinating to see how many guys are jumping ship from Alabama. Total is currently sitting at 30. Not out of the realm of possibility that they slip some in the pecking order. I am sure they will still be among the best but that is lot of talent going out.

When was the last time the NCAA imposed the Death Penalty on who & why? I believe it when I see it.

Odd he thinks Iowa will be getting the Death Penalty when the NCAA rarely punishes anyone lately. Magic 8 ball says "No Death Penalty". Death & taxes are closer to 1,000%. True fans would rather beat Iowa on the football field than through NCAA sanctions like last season.

Odd he thinks Iowa will be getting the Death Penalty when the NCAA rarely punishes anyone lately. Magic 8 ball says "No Death Penalty". Death & taxes are closer to 1,000%. True fans would rather beat Iowa on the football field than through NCAA sanctions like last season.
Gonna go out on a pretty strong limb and posit the OP wasn't serious about "death penalty."

Sheesh.

Top Bottom