Iowa Squawks Post-Game Thoughts 2/1

Why did we not foul there. We let all that time ran off the clock. We should have fouled there.

absolutely awful...giving up a 10 pt lead to Iowa?

NIT Bound....

I don't want to EVER hear anything from Ralph again. What a pathetic effort. But I don't know what was worse, the refs, our coaching, Julian, or me, for getting my hopes up. An absolute embarrassment.

never thought I would see the day where Iowa swept us in basketball

For some reason, for 2 games against Iowa, we have no idea how to move the ball against a 2-3 zone. Ralph was busy posting up, completely worthless against a zone, instead of running around the free throw line, like he's supposed to. Good Lord this was awful...

Ralph Sampson is a joke...seriously NO ONE is affraid to take it to the hole with him in the game. Kiss the NCAA Tournament goodbye

Does Tubby plan to ever get a guy that can penetrate in the lane and score?

You absolutely have to foul. That was the biggest joke I have ever seen in my life. WTF are you gonna do with 6 seconds? NOTHING.

Up 5 and Eliot shoots - for G. sake - we are getting wide open 3's - then they get a 3 and that's it. Did we get a stop the last 5 minutes???? Every time we get a nice 10 point lead this year we give it up. Turnovers are killing us... Now the NIT seems like the crummy conclusion. Losing to Iowa twice!!!!!!!!!! Joe Coleman is too short at times...

I don't even know why I am a Gopher fan. To be completely honest.

Ive seen Tubby enough times in that situation to know we weren't fouling and Ive seen enough basketball to know you have to foul there. What a disaster though seriously.

Horrible first 10 minutes. Horrible last 10 minutes. Inexcusable not to foul. Just awful all around.

My blame goes to Sampson, a senior should not make the mistakes he is making and that last attempt to pass was dismal.

Did we get any defensive rebounds the last part of the game???

We just lost to a team that gave up 100 points on Sunday. There are no words to describe how embarrassed I am as a fan of this team.

Welch has taken a giant step backwards. Those TOs were mind boggling.

Getting destroyed in the paint against Iowa is unacceptable. Mbakwe would eat these guys alive.

EG#9 said:
We just lost to a team that gave up 100 points on Sunday. There are no words to describe how embarrassed I am as a fan of this team.

Embarrassed? You need a hobby.

Expect nothing from Ralph, and you will not be upset, except for the fact that Tubby keeps playing the slow footed, passive slug.

Ralph does not enjoy playing basketball much. He has no fire, no intensity, and would rather be anywhere else than in a crucial spot in a B10 game . There are 6-6 guys in DII, DIII that would take to him in any pick up game. There are guys at the YMCA that would take to right at him and score, yet Tubby keeps using him.

Colton Iverson actually had strong post moves and banged with Big Ten caliber players, and left because he was always put behind Ralphie by ol' Tubby for some reason. Iverson and Elliason would look good together right now.

I cannot understand why the team does not just go small and press all the time, and then play the big Nebraska kid, or the undersized #30 the rest of the time, because Ralph is finished, and Tubby does not owe RII, or RIII anything.

Regardless, things are probably going to change because not winning a NCAA tourney game in five years and losing to a horrible Iowa team twice in one year is not doing much for Tubby and his contract extension.

Regardless, things are probably going to change because not winning a NCAA tourney game in five years and losing to a horrible Iowa team twice in one year is not doing much for Tubby and his contract extension.

Do not count on it. There are plenty of gopher fans that are content with this bottom half B10 team every year. They will spout out plenty of excuses (transfers, practice facility, injuries...etc). Just read some of the posts tonight after we lost twice to a below .500 finishing team that lost to CAMPBELL and Nebraska at home.

\Tubby keeps playing the slow footed, passive slug.

I have been a pretty big critic of Ralph on these boards, but that is a little bit harsh. I know the average Gopherholer has an attention span of about 30 seconds, but early in the game, when we were down 15-3, and everyone was hanging their heads, Ralph was then one slapping guys on the chest trying to fire them up. In the early going he was the only one hustling around on offense to create anything and he had some key blocks to bail out some lazy defensive work by his teammates.

Top Bottom