Iowa game--crowd and other thoughts.

Cheapest tickets are going for 65 on stubhub, before fees. Seems pretty steep, should have just bought season tickets.

I kept reading your question and could not comprehend the "count the tickets they don't sell". What's there to count if it was not sold?

Official capacity is 14,625 which is what it has been listed at since the Barn Lofts were completed in 1997. There currently is no standing room, so I think that capacity is the max, though I am not sure if it includes Obstructed View. Just for the heck of it, I looked up the last sellout I recall being at (Indiana / 2013). Official attendance is listed as 14,625.

I am going to set the Over/Under for this Sunday as 13,450.

Thanks on the username.

I was referring to obstructed view. Are those part of the 14,625?

That is about my guess but I would not bet on it. Not a sellout since 2013 is scary bad.
I only referenced Indiana/2013 because I think it was the last one I was at that I knew for sure was a sellout. I go to roughly half the games and am sort of an anomaly because I prefer the midweek contests, since I am already downtown Mpls for work.

I thought Miami was a sellout a couple years ago?Dupree missed that game with MRSA I think

I was out of town, but the 2017 Miami game is listed as a sellout, same 14,625. I would think that includes obstructed view.

I only referenced Indiana/2013 because I think it was the last one I was at that I knew for sure was a sellout. I go to roughly half the games and am sort of an anomaly because I prefer the midweek contests, since I am already downtown Mpls for work.

I was out of town, but the 2017 Miami game is listed as a sellout, same 14,625. I would think that includes obstructed view.
So is it two sellouts in 7 years ?

Whatever the zen or pregame meal, this years announced attendance seems much closer to what is actually there. Years past I have laughed at the announced.

Iowa missing some guys or what?
Fredrick sprained his ankle tonight (assuming, not confirmed). Sounds like it will be enough to keep him out Sunday. Pemsl was suspended, I think he'll play Sunday.

So is it two sellouts in 7 years ?
According to Wiki there have been 11 announced Williams Arena sellouts in the Pitino era.

2013-14 / 4
2014-15 / 1
2016-17 / 2
2017-18 / 3
2018-19 / 1

Top Bottom