Iowa fans

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
This started with how a Wisconsin wrestler was treated recently with racial slurs thrown his way. Others have responded with their opinions of Kinnick as well. Seems to be a common theme at Iowa.

Don’t worry. Captain Kirk will be appointed head of the next committee looking into this issue. It will be handled swiftly.
The committee was always disbanded!

Except when it wasn't... and it isn't... but it is now... you didn't see any of this!

I never even saw the original post by Harley_Gopher. Definitely not defending anyone. Was lumping the two together as "just awful".
I’m assuming he just misread your post entirely.

The previous president's own words made racial and xenophobic slurs allowable by ordinary citizens.

This started with how a Wisconsin wrestler was treated recently with racial slurs thrown his way. Others have responded with their opinions of Kinnick as well. Seems to be a common theme at Iowa.

In the Daily Iowan article regarding this there is a comment on the article by (apparently) the individual in the photo claiming defamation, says he did not state a slur. 🤷‍♂️

In the Daily Iowan article regarding this there is a comment on the article by (apparently) the individual in the photo claiming defamation, says he did not state a slur. 🤷‍♂️
The article includes the tweet by Gomez that states that the fan screaming at him in the photo isn't the fan who used the slur. The article doesn't name the guy in the photo, but he seems to identify himself in his comment (if he's telling the truth). Tough call for Lonnie whether you just hope that the story fades away quickly or go with the old "I am the lunatic in the photo screaming at the student-athlete, but I am not the racist lunatic who screamed the slur at the student-athlete" defense.

The article includes the tweet by Gomez that states that the fan screaming at him in the photo isn't the fan who used the slur. The article doesn't name the guy in the photo, but he seems to identify himself in his comment (if he's telling the truth). Tough call for Lonnie whether you just hope that the story fades away quickly or go with the old "I am the lunatic in the photo screaming at the student-athlete, but I am not the racist lunatic who screamed the slur at the student-athlete" defense.

We know the general public is good at pumping the brakes and withholding judgement until the facts roll in.

C'mon! It's Ioaw (intentional spelling). Do we need a reason to "hate" on Iowa athletics?

I think most of the fans see how Fran acts on the sideline at basketball games and assumes if the coach can act like that, we can act just as bad if not worse.

All joking aside, Iowa is slowly becoming a laughing stock at the athletic administration level. They should at least hire a good PR firm to cover up their constant off the field screw ups.

I think most of the fans see how Fran acts on the sideline at basketball games and assumes if the coach can act like that, we can act just as bad if not worse.

All joking aside, Iowa is slowly becoming a laughing stock at the athletic administration level. They should at least hire a good PR firm to cover up their constant off the field screw ups.

What does Fran have to do with this?

He is the basketball coach. This happened at a wrestling meet. Plus to my knowledge Fran has never yelled a racial slur at an athlete.

What does Fran have to do with this?

He is the basketball coach. This happened at a wrestling meet. Plus to my knowledge Fran has never yelled a racial slur at an athlete.
Fran acts out of control all the time on the sidelines and his players tweet dumb shit constantly. It tends to show a picture of poor oversight by the entire athletic department, namely the AD.

Apparently your reading skills could use a little work since I said I was joking about the Fran situation pertaining to this, no matter how accurate.

Is there any other BIG fan blog that seems to obsess over other schools's fans behavior like the Gopher Hole does?
This obsession could be a topic for a Psychology PhD thsis.

Is there any other BIG fan blog that seems to obsess over other schools's fans behavior like the Gopher Hole does?
Take a look at Buckyville some time. They have entire threads devoted to us and PJ.

Not sure if they still do it, but there used to be a weekly "elite-o-meter" thread going in there, full of PJ quotes and breaking down every word of his press conferences. Also there's currently a Nebraska thread going too.

So to answer your question, yes.

Last edited:

Yes all of them.

Idle hands.

Every fan base takes these situations with an opposing fan base or program and blows them up like they are representative of an entire fan base or program.

You clearly don't look around at other message boards or social media then. It's February, not much going on. There were only about 20 posts about this in a weeks time prior to your post. Meanwhile there's nearly 100 posts about the looks of PJ Fleck.

Yes, Buckyville, Los Venerables. You might know them.

You clearly don't look around at other message boards or social media then. It's February, not much going on. There were only about 20 posts about this in a weeks time prior to your post. Meanwhile there's nearly 100 posts about the looks of PJ Fleck.
PJ is so dreamy!

It's probably because of all the awful interactions we've had with Wiscy and hawk fans. It's hard to fathom how a group of fans can consistently behave like that.

Last edited:

Top Bottom