Iowa fans crying

For those of you who aren’t living “how” we do this game, just keep in mind that has we lost, we would have every bit of a complaint as Iowa has now. The refs gift wrapped Iowa a td with that bizarre call on 4th down.

This break didn’t wasn’t a gift for us, it evened things out. We’ve lost more games than I can count over 1 of 2 bizarre plays,

We outplayed Iowa today. We deserved to win.

For those of you who aren’t living “how” we do this game, just keep in mind that has we lost, we would have every bit of a complaint as Iowa has now. The refs gift wrapped Iowa a td with that bizarre call on 4th down.

This break didn’t wasn’t a gift for us, it evened things out. We’ve lost more games than I can count over 1 of 2 bizarre plays,

And even if it wasn't the refs last year, think of how we lost... Some days you get the breaks some days you don't. It's ok to enjoy them when you do.

So the gopher players running full speed while being blocked are supposed to interpret how high his arm was raised and if it's a real or fake fair catch? Yeah that makes sense....not.

Some are saying his arm was not raised high enough.

I hope these are just internet randos rather than “legitimate” sports personalities? For the common fan maybe forgivable, as we’ve seen that even the officials don’t know NCAA rules at times.

By all means, let them keep demonstrating their lack of knowledge of the rules of the game.

Gophers out played Iowa.

Gophers deserved to win.

Fleck played to lose.

The Refs bailed out Fleck.

At least he didn't literally cry:

Hmmm, Fleck just out-Ferentzed Ferentz. Hawks have won all those games in spite of Ferentz as their coach?

How'd they bail him out? By calling the correct call?

Fleck was bailed out by Iowa's horrible offense.
As bad as Iowa’s offense was Fleck’s decision to play not to win the game put them in a position of needing the call correct or not to win the game.

This should have been a 24-10 or 27-3 game.

A win is win but Fleck put his team in a position of needing the call.

To be fair, a short time ago I went to read an Iowa football forum and there were a fair number of people (a minority but a sizeable minority) who were defending the refs' enforcement of the rule. A number of people actually posted the rules which said that the ball is dead on a valid or invalid fair catch signal.

I think contributing to that is that Iowa fans have watched this bad offense for some time and many of them don't want to take the blame away from Ferentz and son.

We have a pretty poor offense this season but at least we now know we have a better one than Iowa as we demonstrated that during a head-to-head matchup.

As bad as Iowa’s offense was Fleck’s decision to play not to win the game put them in a position of needing the call correct or not to win the game.

I agree. Fleck running the ball three straight times on the second to last drive with Tyler was awful. I fired and then rehired Fleck in the game thread :).

I'm just saying we didn't get bailed out by the refs. It was the right call.

I agree. Fleck running the ball three straight times on the second to last drive with Tyler was awful. I fired and then rehired Fleck in the game thread :).

I'm just saying we didn't get bailed out by the refs. It was the right call.
If I was the AD and the punt returned wasn’t overturned Fleck wouldn’t have been on the bus back home.

We’re going to disagree on the bailout even if it was the right call.

A win is win but Fleck put his team in a position of needing the call.
If we have no running backs but Tyler because of injuries. We won’t win another game. Tyler is miac talent

What shouldn't get lost is after the TD was negated, Iowa had the ball with a 1:22 left on the clock, a TO and only needing 20-25 yds to get in reasonable FG range with the wind at their back.

They failed. Hawkeye fans should be crying about that.

Last edited:

From an Iowa fan's perspective its a travesty that Iowa fans will view this as the Hawkeyes getting screwed over. The fact is Iowa lost today because of 2 reasons:

1. Iowa isn't good at football.
2. Minnesota flat out beat them in every phase of the game. Better offense, better defense, better special teams.

From an Iowa fan's perspective its a travesty that Iowa fans will view this as the Hawkeyes getting screwed over. The fact is Iowa lost today because of 2 reasons:

2. Minnesota flat out beat them in every phase of the game. Better offense, better defense, better special teams.
The smart ones should just be absolutely disgusted with their situation at OC. But both of those guys will be drowned out by the masses of idiots.

I think Iowa's special teams were better but otherwise all valid. Actually much better and was the biggest reason they were even in the game.

Top Bottom