Iowa expected to hire Tim Lester at OC

Agree that he can only improve the offense. The guy had a winning record at Western following P,J who gutted the class coming in.
I’m not so sure I’d call it a gutting, but PJ took what he thought were the 5 best players from Western Michigan’s 2017 class with him to Minnesota. Three of them were destined for stardom:

Tanner Morgan
John Michael Schmitz
Chris Autman-Bell
Nate Umlor
Trenton Guthrie

I’m not so sure I’d call it a gutting, but PJ took what he thought were the 5 best players from Western Michigan’s 2017 class with him to Minnesota. Three of them were destined for stardom:

Tanner Morgan
John Michael Schmitz
Chris Autman-Bell
Nate Umlor
Trenton Guthrie
giphy.gif

Iowa has shown they do not need a good offense & or OC to win games & conference championships. Against the Gophers they do need a better understanding of a Fair Catch. RTB

Iowa has shown they do not need a good offense & or OC to win games & conference championships. Against the Gophers they do need a better understanding of a Fair Catch. RTB
They haven't won a conference championship since 2004. They have shown they can be an above average team with a bad offense and really strong defense but it has also led them to falling short in the big games.

They missed a great opportunity these past few seasons with a great Defense/Special Teams being paired with a complete joke of an offense.

If their offense was just mediocre they might have found themselves in legit CFP territory.

Top Bottom