Iowa could go 8-4

Wish you were right but I'm guessing their D will make up for the loss of their offensive lineman and running back. Hope I'm wrong.

just sayin

Iowa usually plays their best football in November and they already won a majority of their tough games. Only one remains at OSU....but that doesn't mean Indiana, Northwestern, and Minnesota are automatic wins.

It is a possibility. Coach Ferentz has some shuffling to do. Echoing what I said when Jewel Hampton got hurt before the first game, it's time for Coach Ferentz and Coach O'Keefe to make some adjustments, find the next man in, and get the team ready.

Before the season started, I think many people from around the B10 (and here on GH as well) would have thought that 8-4 was about right for this year's Hawkeye team. As the season progressed, expectations changed and now 8-4 would be a big disappointment to HawkeyeNation.

Personal opinion: as much as 12-0 seemed so unrealistic in August, 8-4 seems unrealistic on October 28 as well. As M3MEPLEASE posted, Iowa has a track record of playing their best football in November. I think they will continue that. However, 10-2 wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think Iowa will go 8-4...games against Indiana and Northwestern give them a great shot at two wins and remember, I think the last time MN won at Iowa was in 1999 when the Gophers were 8-3 and Iowa was finishing a 1-win season. Even in that game the defense had to make a stand on the last play of the game. The Gophers struggle in Iowa City.

It is a possibility. Coach Ferentz has some shuffling to do. Echoing what I said when Jewel Hampton got hurt before the first game, it's time for Coach Ferentz and Coach O'Keefe to make some adjustments, find the next man in, and get the team ready.

Before the season started, I think many people from around the B10 (and here on GH as well) would have thought that 8-4 was about right for this year's Hawkeye team. As the season progressed, expectations changed and now 8-4 would be a big disappointment to HawkeyeNation.

Personal opinion: as much as 12-0 seemed so unrealistic in August, 8-4 seems unrealistic on October 28 as well. As M3MEPLEASE posted, Iowa has a track record of playing their best football in November. I think they will continue that. However, 10-2 wouldn't surprise me.

Don't overthink it. My guess is this was a reaction to the thread that said Iowa could go 12-0. I don't think Nine is predicting an 8-4 season for Iowa.

I say Iowa goes 12-0

Ohio State is very beatable.

Don't get me wrong, Iowa is a good team and will be very tough to beat at home, but I think we have a chance at winning there. I watched the OSU game again and without those dropped passes we were very competitive in the first half and w/out those bonehead turnovers and some atrocious calls we would've still been in the game. The offense is starting to show some life and I think we'll play better from here on out. (Even w/out our stud Decker)

Don't get me wrong, Iowa is a good team and will be very tough to beat at home, but I think we have a chance at winning there. I watched the OSU game again and without those dropped passes we were very competitive in the first half and w/out those bonehead turnovers and some atrocious we would've still been in the game. The offense is starting to show some life and I think we'll play better from here on out. (Even w/out our stud Decker)

True but Tressel made Halftime Adjustments and we got smoke in the 2nd Half. You have to figure Ferentz will make adjustments as well should the game be close going into the half.......

True but Tressel made Halftime Adjustments and we got smoke in the 2nd Half. You have to figure Ferentz will make adjustments as well should the game be close going into the half.......

I agree with you somewhat...However, w/out the opening kickoff being dropped by Stoudamire, the terrible calls (not an excuse but the truth), the pass interference no call interception, etc...we had a chance, I wouldn't give Tressel too much credit. As far as that goes, I think our coaches have made good adjustments all year, but they can't control all of the turnovers..

Yes, I realize the final score was 38-7 but we are better than that. I truly believe that Brewster will mix in a lot of different looks with Gray and Webber and we will be a much better team from hear on out.

I agree with you somewhat...However, w/out the opening kickoff being dropped by Stoudamire, the terrible calls (not an excuse but the truth), the pass interference no call interception, etc...we had a chance, I wouldn't give Tressel too much credit. As far as that goes, I think our coaches have made good adjustments all year, but they can't control all of the turnovers..

Yes, I realize the final score was 38-7 but we are better than that. I truly believe that Brewster will mix in a lot of different looks with Gray and Webber and we will be a much better team from hear on out.

I agree that we are better but I also believe no matter what happened in that 2nd Half that with Decker out & Weber at QB we didn't have much of a chance against OSU's Defense.......

The thing is, Iowa is extremely thin, I don't think that they can, suffer many more injuries, and still play at a high level. A lot of Iowa's success comes from mental toughness and expecting to win. That could all disapear with a major injury and a couple bad bounces. Will it happen?, I don't know, but Iowa is very vulnerable. The game against OSU will be very interesting.

Top Bottom