Iowa catching strays (this thread is doomed sorry)

I'm old enough to remember when congress wasn't a bunch of idiots posting memes on the internet.
I'm old enough to remember when, before the internet, one of the most powerful men in Congress, Wilbur Mills (Chair House Ways and Means Committee), had several public drunken escapes with his mistress, a stripper named Fanne Fox. Look up Representaives Dan Crane and Gerry Studds, circa 1983. Check out Robert Packwood in the mid-90s (names can be a tip-off = pack wood). Even post-internet, we have MSP Airport's Larry Craig incident. Congress has always had a fair share of idiots and reprobates--as it does today.

Last edited:

I'm old enough to remember when, before the internet, one of the most powerful men in Congress, Wilbur Mills (Chair House Ways and Means Committee), had several public drunken escapes with his mistress, a stripper named Fanne Fox. Look up Representaives Dan Crane and Gerry Studds, circa 1983. Check out Robert Packwood in the mid-90s (names can be a tip-off = pack wood). Even post-internet, we have MSP Airport's Larry Craig incident. Congress has always had a fair share of idiots and reprobates--as it does today.
You forgot Rep. Jefferson from Louisiana, who kept his kickback/bribes in the freezer because he liked “cold, hard cash.”

Last edited:

You forgot Rep. Jefferson from Louisiana, who kept his kickback/bribes in the freezer because he liked “cold, hard cash.”
Now we know where Will Wade was coming from with a "strong ass offer." Louisiana is an interesting place lol

Now we know where Will Wade was coming from with a "strong ass offer." Louisiana is an interesting place lol
Is you’re not familiar with his body of hijinks, Huey Long is an interesting patriarch of LA corruption, the Kingfish, who was reviled by both parties and was assassinated, while serving as a U.S. Senator😮.

Top Bottom