Iowa and Kinnick breakdown (Tips and Tricks)

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
Hey All,
Looking forward to this week's game, but also looking forward to the game at Iowa on Sep 29th. It looks like I will be making the trek with 2-3 others. Two of them are Iowa fans...
  • Can anyone recommend fun places to hang out before and after the game?
  • Can I expect a lot of Gopher fans there?!
  • Dang, tickets are more expensive than what I was thinking ~$100 and Hotels close to the stadium are sold out (maybe that means there will be a lot of Gopher fans there?!).
Looking forward to my first Gopher road game!
Steve

This is my first trip too. I will be leaving in the middle of the night hoping to get to IC by about 9a. We're planning on taking the Hawkeye Express I've heard that's the easiest in and out of the stadium area.

Cool! I think we might come down on Friday night and stay with family of a friend. I will check out the Hawkeye Express.

Hey All,
Looking forward to this week's game, but also looking forward to the game at Iowa on Sep 29th. It looks like I will be making the trek with 2-3 others. Two of them are Iowa fans...
  • Can anyone recommend fun places to hang out before and after the game?
  • Can I expect a lot of Gopher fans there?!
  • Dang, tickets are more expensive than what I was thinking ~$100 and Hotels close to the stadium are sold out (maybe that means there will be a lot of Gopher fans there?!).
Looking forward to my first Gopher road game!
Steve

I reserved my hotels for Lincoln, Iowa City, and Madison 11 months ago. It's important to plan ahead for certain games.

The U sold all of their tickets for Iowa, so there will be at least a few thousand Gopher fans there.

Good to know! Makes sense on the lack of Hotel space as the U of M is the only Bigten school besides Northwestern that is in a decent sized city.

I'll be attending that game and I'm looking forward to it...

Check out Cedar Rapids for hotels. It's only about a 25 minute drive away.

Top Bottom