Interview with Chris Autman-Bell who flipped his commitment from WMU to the Gophers

GopherLady

Reaction score
1-on-1 with Chris Autman-Bell
By GopherHole's Eli Sherman

Chris Autman-Bell is a wide receiver from Kankakee, IL (Bishop McNamara HS) and flipped his commitment from Western Michigan to Minnesota when the Gophers hired Coach PJ Fleck on January 6th. I got in contact with Chris and he was kind enough to answer a few questions about his commitment, excitement for next year, and himself.

ES: What made you want to follow Coach Fleck here to Minnesota?
A-B: You know I showed a lot of loyalty being a hard commit throwing schools off and turning them down. I was 50/50 on staying at WMU.
But you know bigger opportunity better chance of greater education and greater competition to better myself and my craft.

ES: What other schools were interested in you?
A-B: NIU, Illinois, Ball State, Illinois State.

ES: What do you think you bring to the field that makes you a unique offensive weapon?
A-B: I have a lot of energy, character, emotion, and just play making.
I plan on being a great contributor to the Gophers this year coming and putting to the B1G that the Gophers have play makers.

ES: If you could compare yourself to a receiver (college or pro) who would you say you play like?
A-B: I would like to say Larry Fitzgerald... or Jarvis Landry or you could say [Antonio Brown] but I don’t like comparing really cause I see myself sooner or later surpassing them if I put the work in and praise god.

ES: What's one part of your game you hope to improve in working with Coach Fleck?
A-B: Being craftier... being more explosive and CONSISTENT DOMINATION EVERY TIME I TOUCH THE PIG SKIN.

ES: What part of the Gopher Football program (rivalry games, stadium, gameday environment, and so on) are you most excited for next year?
A-B: Everything man... I’m blessed I truly am... I tweeted out I was attending Minnesota... instantly 100-200+ followed me... congratulating me... wishing me luck and saying they can’t wait to watch us win the B1G!! I can’t wait to suit up the Maroon and Gold.. never been more excited!! Blessed and I’m truly ready to be a Gopher! #SkiUMah!!

ES: Any message for you fans?
A-B: Tell all the fans I love them!!! and I can’t wait to point to them all every touchdown!!

Big thanks to Chris for this interview and his energy. I know I’m excited to see him in Maroon and Gold!

Nice article. Welcome aboard Chris!

ES: If you could compare yourself to a receiver (college or pro) who would you say you play like?
A-B: I would like to say Larry Fitzgerald... or Jarvis Landry or you could say [Antonio Brown] but I don’t like comparing really cause I see myself sooner or later surpassing them if I put the work in and praise god.

Well if he does that I think we have a winner !?!?!?

Well if he does that I think we have a winner !?!?!?

Incredibly high ego. Hope he can cash those checks his mouth is writing.

Incredibly high ego. Hope he can cash those checks his mouth is writing.

He’s probably just comparing his style of play to theirs. I don’t think it says anything about his ego. The interviewer was the one who asked what college or pro receiver you compare yourself to anyways.

I think this kid is going to be a very solid player.

Recruited by Ball State and Illinois State and the dude thinks he's like Larry Fitzgerald. I would love to read the interview between Fitz Sr and this kid when Fitz Sr asks Autman-Bell how he's gonna be better than Jr.

He’s probably just comparing his style of play to theirs. I don’t think it says anything about his ego. The interviewer was the one who asked what college or pro receiver you compare yourself to anyways.

?????????????????????

Recruited by Ball State and Illinois State and the dude thinks he's like Larry Fitzgerald. I would love to read the interview between Fitz Sr and this kid when Fitz Sr asks Autman-Bell how he's gonna be better than Jr.

You're an asshole.

Top Bottom