Interim Coach

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I've been the biggest Kool-Aid drinker of them all. I'm done with it. I still will cheer the players on and will never boo in the stadium. However, these things: the lack of execution, play calling, the sense of panic that leads the coach to go for it on 4th down on your own 40 yard line in the first series of the second half, why not hand off to Hoese on at least of one of two short yardage plays, isn't there such a thing as a roll-out pass to give the QB the option to pass or run (put pressure on the def), there is no creativity in the offense. I could go on but I won't.

I think we would be served best to let Mr. Brewster go and name an interim coach. Start your search committee now ... dig deep into the bank ...and name a quality coach as soon as the season is over.

Houston's defense was 46th in the country the year before he got there. It's been below 100th in the country his first two seasons.

Exactly - we do NOT need an offensive guy with bad defenses.

In the instance that Brewster is let go midseason, I would suspect that Horton would fill in
as interim HC until the season's end.

I think the Gophers should try to get Al Golden at Temple. Golden may be waiting for Joe Paterno to retire thinking he will be offered the Penn State job. Al Golden has taken Temple from being a program that almost disbanded to being 12-5 in their last 17 games. He would bring the right attitude and energy into the Minnesota program. If he can recruit players like Bernard Pierce to Temple then he can do good things at Minnesota.

Top Bottom