Interesting weekend

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Mrs Bayfield & I spent the weekend in the TC for a wedding. I was very, very surprised how many people were tracking the Gopher HC situation. So much for the belief on GH that most MN residents have zilch interest in the Gophers. People, young and old including a lot of women, were very informed and tuned in and knew much more than just realizing there may be a new HC soon. On normal football weekends we usually noticed very little buzz nor conversation directed our way when we were wearing maroon and gold.

Brewster may have done the UM a favor being outfront with his goals and aspirations for the program. TCF has created a good share on interest as well. But in spite of his failure to get the team to the next level, it appears he may have brought much needed attention to the program. I think there are a lot of people who will be waiting for Maturi next news conference and would consider supporting the team.

I may be wrong, but this could bode well for the right coach. Are there be a number of qualified coaches out there thinking that Minnesota could be the Rip Van Winkle of college football? I am pleased that the UM has stuck to its pledge when Brewster was hired to have a competitive football team.

I hope so as I am getting sick and tired of seeing coaches come and go and no one getting the job done. I am both sad and mad right now. Sad to see a coach who truly believed in the Gophers and UM fail and mad because we are starting all over again.

Wisconsin has done it. Iowa as well. I see no reason why Minnesota can't with the right person leading the charge.

Good points Bay.

Maybe we have hit the perfect storm.
Hitting rock bottom, the possible chance of a 1-11 season, a possible empty/loud booing brand new stadium, almost total agreement(Sid) that the coach must be dumped mid season and therfore getting a head start on hiring new coach. Maybe this is what it takes for the University of Minnesota to realize they have to do something big time now.

What if this was a 500 team.
Major dissagreement should we keep/fire coach, late start on new coach search-after insignificant bowl game, people thinking we are 'oh so close'.

We're definately getting some major media attention the last 10 days.

Top Bottom