Interesting Stat I Came Across

AF_Howie_2180

Reaction score
As of yesterday there were only 2 Power 5 teams/schools that had been to a bowl game since 2017. Nebraska and Kansas, well Kansas won yesterday to become bowl eligible and well Nebraska needs 3 wins in their next 3 games to get there and playing Michigan next week that will pretty much sink their chances for being bowl eligible in 2022. So they have that streak continuing for them.

I’m impressed.

I would have expected several teams to have extended periods of not making a bowl game.

As of yesterday there were only 2 Power 5 teams/schools that had been to a bowl game since 2017. Nebraska and Kansas
I call BS. Almost every P5 team has been to a bowl game since 2017.

(I know, I know)

I call BS. Almost every P5 team has been to a bowl game since 2017.

(I know, I know)

Nebraska’s postseason absence is well known. Unfortunately, one stat paints an even bleaker picture than it already is for the Huskers.

Nebraska and Kansas entered Week 10 as the only Power 5 teams not to go to a postseason bowl game since 2017. That includes the likes of Rutgers, Illinois, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Colorado.

Kansas upset No. 18 Oklahoma State 37-16 to get its sixth win of the season in Week 10 to become bowl eligible.

Nebraska’s postseason absence is well known. Unfortunately, one stat paints an even bleaker picture than it already is for the Huskers.

Nebraska and Kansas entered Week 10 as the only Power 5 teams not to go to a postseason bowl game since 2017. That includes the likes of Rutgers, Illinois, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Colorado.

Kansas upset No. 18 Oklahoma State 37-16 to get its sixth win of the season in Week 10 to become bowl eligible.

It really is an incredible stat. Who would've though Nebraska would fall this far this fast in their quest to avoid the "mediocrity" of 8 and 9 wins each year by firing coach after coach, starting with Solich. It's a case study in how much CFB has changed the past 20 years AND the madness of thinking a HC change is a cure all.

As of yesterday there were only 2 Power 5 teams/schools that had have not been to a bowl game since 2017. Nebraska and Kansas, well Kansas won yesterday to become bowl eligible and well Nebraska needs 3 wins in their next 3 games to get there and playing Michigan next week that will pretty much sink their chances for being bowl eligible in 2022. So they have that streak continuing for them.
Fixed it for you. Pretty amazing stat though.

Wild to think that Nebraska has been to 2 bowl games since firing Pelini, and about to hold the longest active drought in the FBS.

Whichever mickey mouse bowl gets Nebraska's first bowl game in 6+ years is gonna make a fortune. The whole state will be there.

Wild to think that Nebraska has been to 2 bowl games since firing Pelini, and about to hold the longest active drought in the FBS.

Whichever mickey mouse bowl gets Nebraska's first bowl game in 6+ years is gonna make a fortune. The whole state will be there.
Quick Lane in Detroit vs. MAC. lol

It’s a case study in how much nebby
SUCKS!!!

This is a "holy shit" stat. Nebraska the longest P5 without a bowl.

People can say stuff about the Big Ten West, but it took one of the inner circle blue bloods of college football and reduced them to Vanderbilt.

Top Bottom