Interesting observation regarding this website

Art Vandelay

Banned
Reaction score
When the Gophs win, there's usually a post-game write-up almost immediately after the game. If the Gophs lose, we usually don't see a recap for a couple days, if at all.

Same thing with the game previews. If it's a game the Gophs should win, there's a preview/prediction article. If winning is a long shot, there's usually no such preview.

Maybe these items get buried among the different recruting articles and blogs from Doogie, so I miss them, but just a harmless observation from someone on the internet at midnight....

Just a coincidence, it's actually more of a home-road thing.

Most of the time for home games it's tough for me to finish a recap on Saturday, since I go to the games and then like to go home and re-watch the game before I write the recap. I believe I've done every home game recap on Sunday, except the Purdue game which I was able to finish Saturday. Also I did not go to the Michigan State game because I was on call for work, so I was at home and thus was able to get the recap up quickly. But Air Force, Cal, Wisconsin & Illinois I was not able to the recaps until Sunday. For road games I've gotten all the recaps done on Saturday, except for the Ohio State game which I did not do because I was out of town that weekend for a funeral.

For the previews, the games I did not do were Purdue because my daughter had been very sick and Ohio State because I was out of town for the funeral.

The other interesting coincidence is that Art only comes on to express opinions after losses..

Hey - I do a game recap after the game every week on my blog, win or lose. Usually Tuesdays, but sometimes Wednesdays if work gets busy. I also like to rewatch at least key sections of the game before writing stuff up, but I need a day or two to decompress everything.

Top Bottom