Injury thread

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
@RyanBurnsMN: Very concerned about all these injuries on the #Gophers D now. Boddy, Poock, Antonio Johnson and KiAnte Hardin all didn't finish the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not good. Things don't get any easier with 2 road games coming up. I really hope injuries don't define this season.

@RyanBurnsMN: Kill: "We struggled on punt returns and because of injuries Craig (James) was the only one we had." Boddy and Hardin were the backups.

AND there is no word on the seriousness of todays injuries either.

Craig James is all we had? Does that mean Berk or Jeff are hurt, or can't return punts? How about KJ? Or any WR on this team? Dumb excuse..

Craig James is all we had? Does that mean Berk or Jeff are hurt, or can't return punts? How about KJ? Or any WR on this team? Dumb excuse..

We were so bad I think we would have done better just putting anybody... or even nobody back there... :(

It will be interesting hoe Jerry Kill handles the injury questions in the presser tomorrow.

Injuries is what will derail this season like it did for NW a couple of years ago. Hopefully, this is not the case and they heal up quickly.

Anyone watch the game on tv and have any inkling as to what type of injuries they were? I was at the game and the only one I saw was Wolitarsky banging his head on the ground.

Anyone watch the game on tv and have any inkling as to what type of injuries they were? I was at the game and the only one I saw was Wolitarsky banging his head on the ground.

I was at the game and I saw Antonio Johnson get a concussion as well. He never came back, but I bet he'll be back next week.

1-2 were concussions I believe. I caught a comment on the post game about one hitting his head on turf. Not sure who it was though.

Easy for me to say, but Wolitarsky's didn't look so bad that it would keep him out a while either. But I guess you never know with concussions.

Woli was hitting his head on the turf after a catch and Johnson was why appeared to be a helmet to helmet that the announcers thought was targeting, but ended up being a fluke where they were both going for the ball and bonked heads.

I hear you but game day is not the time to experiment with something that critical. If your two backups are unavailable...tough spot. Berkley seems to have trouble catching and Jeff is mia. I'm sure the coaches will be auditioning at first opportunity. I'm pretty sure everybody was shocked the punt receiving options just kept happening. Hey, as I type this...Streveler is like second fasted guy...seems fearless. Did Maye lose the punt job once or am I confusing him with somebody else? He seems possible but he is critical to the offense, as it is set up. Because of that he might not be a candidate. Decisions were mostly James problem prior today..? Brooks seemed to think about taking a knee at the half yard line on the kickoff return after the sideline decision....so he might not be the guy? It's a very hard job to do. Catching the ball every time has to be one of the first requirements and eliminates a lot of people.

Easy for me to say, but Wolitarsky's didn't look so bad that it would keep him out a while either. But I guess you never know with concussions.

100% disagreed. I cringed like hell when I saw that. I hope it's not serious, but it looked pretty bad.

This seems tough for you. I'll make it easier. Kill didn't say no one else that could. He said the 2 other guys that had practiced there were hurt. Certainly you aren't suggesting Kill put someone out there who hasn't even practiced returning punts, are you?

This seems tough for you. I'll make it easier. Kill didn't say no one else that could. He said the 2 other guys that had practiced there were hurt. Certainly you aren't suggesting Kill put someone out there who hasn't even practiced returning punts, are you?

It looks like he did. Lol. James was cringeworthy back there.

It looks like he did. Lol. James was cringeworthy back there.

It did. Some of what I'm wondering however is how the 2:30 start impacted this. With an east/west field, does the sun in the west in the afternoon affect punt visibility?

It seemed like all of our issues were from punts from the open end.

Not offering it up as an excuse, but if James already has a case of the yips back there, the added complexity certainly doesn't help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully a few guys can get back. The good thing is Northwestern relies much more on running than passing. Their passing game is worse than ours.

Saturday is going to be the Band-Aid Bowl. Listening to Brewster's BFF, Fitz, in the post-game comments, it sounded like they suffered a few injuries of their own.

BBC knee...that's not good. Northwestern isn't a great passing team, at least.

Was 22s ego on the injured list? Hopefully he'll bounce back and be able to play effectively. He has athleticism in spades. Is he muffing it like that in practice, because the practice environment is exactly like being in a game. Seems like it would have shown up in practice...

It did. Some of what I'm wondering however is how the 2:30 start impacted this. With an east/west field, does the sun in the west in the afternoon affect punt visibility?

It seemed like all of our issues were from punts from the open end..

Not offering it up as an excuse, but if James already has a case of the yips back there, the added complexity certainly doesn't help

I know the field is East/West, but this time of year the sun is more South than it is West between 2:30 and 6:00

Does anyone know when during the game we lost Boddy-Calhoun? I didn't realize until way late in the game that he wasn't on the field. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know when during the game we lost Boddy-Calhoun? I didn't realize until way late in the game that he wasn't on the field. Thanks in advance.

Watched the game again last night on my phone- to me he looked like he came up a bit gimpy in the 2nd on a corner blitz. I saw him in there still near the end of the 2nd- never saw him after halftime. Didn't see Poock leave either but didn't see him after the early 2nd/late first quarter

I didn't think this was worth it's own thread. Did we end up burning any redshirts on the o-line yesterday?

I didn't think this was worth it's own thread. Did we end up burning any redshirts on the o-line yesterday?

No. Our starting 5 played the whole game with the exception of Pirsig missing a few plays and Foster Bush filling in.

So next week on D we could be looking at:

DE- Cochran
DT- Richardson
DT- S. Ekpe
DE- H. Ekpe

LB- Campbell
LB- Williams
LB- Lynn

CB- Murray + Myrick (Will they move him over boundary, ahead of James?)
CB- James + Cavonte (?), Buford (?)
S- Rogers + McGhee
S- Ayinde + Shenault + Dior Johnson (?)

What's wrong with Travis and what's the prognosis? I never heard the full story, but he's missing a TON of time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom