Initial top 10 2023 Minnesota HS player rankings from 247

Lots of room to grow with this class with the bottom half couple starting out as 2*. They all play positions that I'd love to see MN go get most, if not all of them.

Lots of room to grow with this class with the bottom half couple starting out as 2*. They all play positions that I'd love to see MN go get most, if not all of them.
Definitely not a flashy group of local recruits with very few of them playing skill positions and only Howard being rated highly.

But if we can snag some solid offensive and defensive lineman it has the chance to be a productive in-state class.

All eyes will be on Howard since he is the only big name guy who is attracting a ton of attention from all over the country.

I feel like most of this list's ratings are just based on offers/interest. Oh well, it's free and better than nothing!
Especially at this time of year I am sure they rely on ton on who has offered guys to make these lists.

Feels like Howard is the only local guy that will get much of any attention this cycle unless someone comes out of nowhere and has a huge senior year.

It does not have the Cooper DL that was in the Tweet photo with Jaxon, Owusu, and Wilson. From last week(?)

That player's Twitter also has both himself and Jaxon down at Miami, if my memory serves.

EDIT: John Barrow https://twitter.com/_johnbarroww

I really wish the Gophers would offer Carson Hansen right now. I don't know if he'll end up a RB, WR, or a S, but he is a really good football player.

I also don't know much about the Moorehead OL, but he sure looks the part.

I really wish the Gophers would offer Carson Hansen right now. I don't know if he'll end up a RB, WR, or a S, but he is a really good football player.

I also don't know much about the Moorehead OL, but he sure looks the part.
Haven’t seen him enough to know about WR or S, but he isn’t a big ten running back.

Would rather have the hutch kid than the Lakeville kid (if I’m thinking of the right hutch kid)

The Tyson Cooreman kid is pretty intriguing. Could be interesting at LB or TE.

It is important to keep the pulse on in-state players. It is good for the program long term. Some of these kids have the potential to blow up athletically in their third and fourth years.

Haven’t seen him enough to know about WR or S, but he isn’t a big ten running back.

Would rather have the hutch kid than the Lakeville kid (if I’m thinking of the right hutch kid)
Watched a lot of Hutch games, I like the Hutch kid and has a frame that would probably allow him to put on quite a bit of weight. RB/LB/S type of recruit.

Watched a lot of Hutch games, I like the Hutch kid and has a frame that would probably allow him to put on quite a bit of weight. RB/LB/S type of recruit.
I only watched two hutch games. Faribault and Kasson Mantorville

but there was one kid who I saw and I was like, sign him up. Not sure if it was him or a senior though

but there was one kid who I saw and I was like, sign him up. Not sure if it was him or a senior though
His brother played too, was #23. I don't think Elliot was the most explosive back running the ball for Hutch, but looks like he lead the team in tackles on a dominant D. Not sure I see his game being high D1 though, but we will see

Yeah fun to see a Hutch name on the list. I was always hoping they’d produce D-1 kids the gophers could get every year. I played them in high school and they waxed us with Murthy, Mortenson and Swift

The Tyson Cooreman kid is pretty intriguing. Could be interesting at LB or TE.
Burns listed Cooreman as an under the radar prospect after watching a lot of tape. Great size and speed. 6'4, 200 and runs a 4.56 40 according to his Hudl profile. With that size and speed there is generally a spot for you in most football programs...

Others listed were
Greg Johnson, OL, Prior Lake
Keenan Wislon, DT, Eagan
Garrison Moore, DB, Shakopee
Alex Elliott, LB, Hutch

Burns listed Cooreman as an under the radar prospect after watching a lot of tape. Great size and speed. 6'4, 200 and runs a 4.56 40 according to his Hudl profile. With that size and speed there is generally a spot for you in most football programs...

Others listed were
Greg Johnson, OL, Prior Lake
Keenan Wislon, DT, Eagan
Garrison Moore, DB, Shakopee
Alex Elliott, LB, Hutch
All of these are on the list, except Greg Johnson (for now).

Never heard of Randolph, had to look that one up. Surprised kids there don't just go to either Northfield or Cannon. Not talking open enrollment, saying I'm surprised it even has its own high school. For example, Elko does not.

His brother played too, was #23. I don't think Elliot was the most explosive back running the ball for Hutch, but looks like he lead the team in tackles on a dominant D. Not sure I see his game being high D1 though, but we will see
Guessing Elliott ends up as LB if he makes it. These kids are hard to project, he is listed as only 185 pounds. He'd have to tack on at least 30 pounds I would think. I'm not sure how you project if a kid can be transformed like that, and if they can, how they will be able to move afterwards. That's usually how you get 2 star kids turning into stars though.

Guessing Elliott ends up as LB if he makes it. These kids are hard to project, he is listed as only 185 pounds. He'd have to tack on at least 30 pounds I would think. I'm not sure how you project if a kid can be transformed like that, and if they can, how they will be able to move afterwards. That's usually how you get 2 star kids turning into stars though.
I hear you but that was a measurement from 08/21, no reason he couldn't hit it hard and get up to 195/200 by start of next year. Good point on LB if he does make it.

Not one of the better classes on paper. Could certainly be some rough diamonds.

All of these are on the list, except Greg Johnson (for now).

Never heard of Randolph, had to look that one up. Surprised kids there don't just go to either Northfield or Cannon. Not talking open enrollment, saying I'm surprised it even has its own high school. For example, Elko does not.
I grew up in Cannon Falls in the 1960s and Randolph has always viewed itself proudly as a stand-alone school district. I believe kids from Randolph who want to wrestle participate in a combined program with Cannon Falls. If my memory isn't failing, Scott Hvistendahl (look it up) open-enrolled from Randolph into Cannon Falls to play football. Quite a rivalry between the two towns. Randolph defeated Cannon Falls in basketball last week to claim the Lake Byllesby Trophy.

I've never seen him play, but in the size/speed/athletic ability specs, Cooreman reminds me of Cedric Dicke, a Cannon Falls kid who walked on during the Kill era. There was a video posted on here of Dicke doing this:

Odd that Washington has already offered the Moorhead DL, but Fleck has not.
Not all that odd at this point in the process. Coaches probably haven't seen enough yet to be convinced that he would be better than other options they are targeting at this time.

Top Bottom