Indiana transfer Trent Howland flips back to Indiana

Not wrong, but I bet the ratings won’t be down.

Then again ….. absolutely what possible incentive is there for Nielsen to tell ESPN anything that they don’t want to hear?

Monopoly serving a monopoly.

Those who want to advertise are completely captive with no other avenue to say “no, those ratings aren’t real!”
Good grief.

This is the college equivalent of holding out for more $ like in the NFL.

Can't say I blame him.

Just spitballing here….what if some gopher's “entered the portal “ then “committed” to iowa or wisconson then “decomitted” only to “un-enter the portal” and “recommit” to the gophers? Who’s with me?

Whats a fake rating?

Says who?

How are you going to prove it better than professional raters?
You would prove it the same you prove any other corporate fraud. Whistleblowers, emails, correspondence. Fairly easy.

Let’s say Nielsen faked its ratings as you implied. Any canceled show, anyone financially associated with those shows. Any company that relied on those rating a to make advertising decisions would all be financially harmed parties. Nielsen isn’t faking ratings. The financial and legal ramifications would be massive.

Sorry. Going to disrespect your double flip. Gophs might have lost a couple of chances to land a RB who wants to be here because of your indecisiveness. 😖

Can gopherhole add a middle finger emoji?

What is the g*!d@mn point any more?

The only way to stop this madness is players sign the moment they commit.

Get rid of national signing day. No more verbals. You commit, you sign. Once signed, you are off-limits for 12 months, minimum. Athletes wanted the money. They wanted flexibility. Well, they got it. Now it is time for the real world to introduce them to adulthood.

Can gopherhole add a middle finger emoji?

What is the g*!d@mn point any more?

The only way to stop this madness is players sign the moment they commit.

Get rid of national signing day. No more verbals. You commit, you sign. Once signed, you are off-limits for 12 months, minimum. Athletes wanted the money. They wanted flexibility. Well, they got it. Now it is time for the real world to introduce them to adulthood.
I don’t think it’s just the kids alone who are Fing this up so badly, I think it’s the agents (too).

Tricking and manipulating the kids into doing whatever they (the agents) think will maximize their own cut.

You would prove it the same you prove any other corporate fraud. Whistleblowers, emails, correspondence. Fairly easy.

Let’s say Nielsen faked its ratings as you implied. Any canceled show, anyone financially associated with those shows. Any company that relied on those rating a to make advertising decisions would all be financially harmed parties. Nielsen isn’t faking ratings. The financial and legal ramifications would be massive.
I see that everything is black and white in your world.

If Moody’s can give MBS products fake triple-A ratings and cause a worldwide financial meltdown without anyone going to jail, then it’s perfectly plausible that Neilsen can fudge things a little bit to give ESPN the numbers they want.

No one is getting charged with fraud, no one is going to jail. Settle down. The world is built on nepotism, corruption, and greed. Those are what grease the wheels of capitalism.

If Moody’s can give MBS products fake triple-A ratings and cause a worldwide financial meltdown without anyone going to jail, then it’s perfectly plausible that Neilsen can fudge things a little bit to give ESPN the numbers they want.

No one is getting charged with fraud, no one is going to jail. Settle down. The world is built on nepotism, corruption, and greed. Those are what grease the wheels of capitalism.
Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. This is the silly stuff you read on liberal email chains, but when you live in the real world and actually practice law, plenty of companies and individuals are charged with fraud and corporations spend handsomely to avoid this or even the mere perception of it.

Who says it's fraud if you count a TV that tunes into a 3hr game for 10mins and then changes the channel, as a viewer of the program?

Who's to say that that method is "wrong" or "fraudulent".

As I said, there are about 1 million shades of gray that you want to pretend you can ignore.

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. This is the silly stuff you read on liberal email chains, but when you live in the real world and actually practice law, plenty of companies and individuals are charged with fraud and corporations spend handsomely to avoid this or even the mere perception of it.
Liberal email chains?

No, this is the exact type silly stuff upon which the MAGAts feed.

Nielsen's entire product is based on providing accurate ratings. The minute they start "faking" them no one will pay for them anymore. They're certainly not doing it for mediocre Bowl games. Just stop.

There IS an issue with games that are exclusively on streaming as we mostly take their own word for the # of viewers (Thursday night football on Amazon etc.) but Nielsen still attempts to measure that.

Liberal Email Chains? OK Boomer. Sounds like really bad 90's band.

Whatever happened to "when you make a commitment you stick with it, at least tile the next season?"

A fake Nielson number impacting how much a company has to pay for a commercial would of course be FRAUD.

Who says it's fraud if you count a TV that tunes into a 3hr game for 10mins and then changes the channel, as a viewer of the program?

Who's to say that that method is "wrong" or "fraudulent".

As I said, there are about 1 million shades of gray that you want to pretend you can ignore.

As far as proving it, all it takes is 1 whistleblower. Done.

Liberal email chains?

No, this is the exact type silly stuff upon which the MAGAts feed.
Liberal Email Chains? OK Boomer. Sounds like really bad 90's band.
Man I dinged a nerve pretty good there.

Well either ways guys if you have proof of the Nielsen ratings conspiracy, please send to me because that is a class action suit to make a hundred careers. But I got to warn you, we can’t get just write a brief that says our proof is Capitalism is bad and they are all greedy. Well actually we might be able to find a few judges that would work with…it works here.

Trent can’t respect his own decision and he’s asking others to do it. Sounds like he’d make a good politician.

Man I dinged a nerve pretty good there.

Well either ways guys if you have proof of the Nielsen ratings conspiracy, please send to me because that is a class action suit to make a hundred careers. But I got to warn you, we can’t get just write a brief that says our proof is Capitalism is bad and they are all greedy. Well actually we might be able to find a few judges that would work with…it works here.
What the actual F are you babbling about?

BTW, breaking news...Pretzlaff decommitted.

What the actual F are you babbling about?

BTW, breaking news...Pretzlaff decommitted.
Tim and Phil spouting their usual political trash. Take it to the off-topic board boys.

And Nielsen is far more than a TV ratings company - that's just what they are known for to most folks. They do a ton of consumer product tracking work. If you work in the CPG industry, you likely use Nielsen data regularly.

Cignetti is either on something or on to something. I can't tell if he's brilliant or a nut case. I've seen a couple of his interviews and I think I'm gonna like him!

Top Bottom