Inane announcers

caliGopher

Reaction score
For all of you wondering about this being the first win at home against Michigan State since the 2009 Halloween game:

It was the third time they've played in Minneapolis in 14 years. So we're now 2-2 at home in the last 14 years against Michigan State.

That's worth 37 mentions during the game. Absolutely.

For all of you wondering about this being the first win at home against Michigan State since the 2009 Halloween game:

It was the third time they've played in Minneapolis in 14 years. So we're now 2-2 at home in the last 14 years against Michigan State.

Context

I had similar reaction, as I began trying to recall the other games.

But it was great to see those highlights from the Halloween win again. 😀

There are worse announcers out there...

There are worse announcers out there...

Oh yeah they're out there. Just listen to those Tuesday through Friday night games. Brutal and many are way over their heads.

And we absolutely destroyed them on their home field last time we played them. 35-0. Until they scored in the last minute against our reserves to make it 35-7.

The announcers were just reading what the producers/directors were feeding them. Out of a commercial they showed the Weber to Duane Bennett ricochet pass from that 2009 game, and the "last win" was on the graphic as well.

Provos is a pretty solid football announcer IMO.

Provos is one of my faves. On another note and without very much hyperbole, I may take Tommy Olson over Tony Romo.

Fun to remember that Halloween game, one of the few Gopher football bright spots while I was a student.
Probably in my top 5 games seen live at the stadium. What an awesome night - dark black night sky, chill in the air, under the lights, Halloween, kids in costumes, back and forth high-scoring game, in our new TCF Bank stadium!

Anything but Joe Buck.
Joe has a point / narrative to make for every game and he is going to tell everyone regardless of what is going on the field all about that narrative, over and over…

Troy at least I feel is there for the game being played, like he is excited for the game however it plays out. Could be a random player steps up and Troy would be excited.

Joe would ignore that guy and talk about whoever he wants to in the first place.

Joe has a point / narrative to make for every game and he is going to tell everyone regardless of what is going on the field all about that narrative, over and over…

Troy at least I feel is there for the game being played, like he is excited for the game however it plays out. Could be a random player steps up and Troy would be excited.

Joe would ignore that guy and talk about whoever he wants to in the first place.
I hear you and you make a good point but Tony has to just be quiet sometimes. Regarding Joe Buck, did you you know that Troy Aikman is a hall of famer?

Anything but Joe Buck.
I'm not sure about that. I detest Joe Buck with the fire of a thousand suns, but I'd pick him over Tony Romo 11 out if 10 times if forced to choose between the two.

I hear you and you make a good point but Tony has to just be quiet sometimes. Regarding Joe Buck, did you you know that Troy Aikman is a hall of famer?

100%. I think Romo thinks the goal is to say as many words as possible. I mute his games.

Top Bottom