In five years, Fleck has beaten WI as many times as any other Gopher coach since John Gutekunst

In 5 years, Fleck has beat WI twice.

That's as many times as Mason and Wacker (2 each)
Kill, Claeys, Horton, and Brewester had zero each.
Gutekunst beat WI 3 out of 5 years.
That Gutekunst must have been some coach!

The only problem this year is that we were the BEST team in the B1G West and did not win. This year could have been something special (CFP special) but injuries and coaching kept it from being so. I have no problem for people who want to be a little disappointed in what could have been. I have real problems when we try to make that type of disappointment and excuse to try to live in the past. Claeys and Kill never produced a team that we felt underachieved because they never had the talent Fleck has brought in (and they never would have).

Hahaha. With a 6-3 record in conference. We literally would have pissed ourselves to win 6 conference games before Fleck came. Now, it's happened TWICE IN THREE YEARS!
For some perspective, from 1994-98 over 5 seasons the Gophers won at grand total of SIX Big 10 games combined.

Conference wins are always cherished in my mind, having gone through that ordeal.

Losing to BG is unacceptable.

yes, there are always upsets in CFB, but the Bowling Green lost factually is historical. You can not spin that.

because of PJs hard headedness, we are in the record books for it.

God I truly hope Sanford is gone.

Axe. Cry more.

A team that is capable of beating WI should not lose to BG.

If you want MN to move to "the next level," you cannot lose to BG. it's that bleeping simple.

You mean we won't be a CFP level team losing to Bowling Green every year?
Are you sure?
What if the committee thinks Bowling Green is REALLY GOOD! They had more wins than Nebraska!

The only problem this year is that we were the BEST team in the B1G West and did not win. This year could have been something special (CFP special) but injuries and coaching kept it from being so. I have no problem for people who want to be a little disappointed in what could have been. I have real problems when we try to make that type of disappointment and excuse to try to live in the past. Claeys and Kill never produced a team that we felt underachieved because they never had the talent Fleck has brought in (and they never would have).
Not sure I agree
2016 and 2014 both underachieved by a game or two in my mind, similar to this team.

A team that is capable of beating WI should not lose to BG.

If you want MN to move to "the next level," you cannot lose to BG. it's that bleeping simple.
JFC. Shit happens. Get over it. We're not the first "good" team to have an inexplicable loss. It's sports. Crazy results happen.

Top Bottom