In five years, Fleck has beaten WI as many times as any other Gopher coach since John Gutekunst

…. when wisconneah sucked donnkay deeek for a living mlfao bahahhaha

you’re welcome

What’s not true about it?

If you think the program is in the same place it was under Kill/Claeys, you're on meth.

A. We beat Auburn in a NYD bowl, not lost to Missouri.

B. We beat Sconny TWICE.

C. We have TWO conference records of 6-3 or better! How many did Jer and Trace have of those????

I'll hang up and listen. Clown

Really, you’re going to compare meaningless bowl games? 2019 was a great year where Fleck capitalized on a lot of talent he inherited, and added to that. The last two seasons have not been great, although one win against WI is enough for someone like you. I saw an unprepared, poorly coached team way too often this year.

Fleck beat WI, previous staff beat IA. 2 of 3 seasons before he came we had winning Big Ten records. He’s had two winning Big Ten seasons in five. He let a great opportunity with an awful West get away this year.

We are about where we were when he arrived overall. If he wins a bowl game this year he’ll have the same record as the year prior to his arrival.

I don’t want to see him leave. I’m not unhappy with him. I think the hero worship of some that he’s done something amazing is ridiculous.

Hahaha. With a 6-3 record in conference. We literally would have pissed ourselves to win 6 conference games before Fleck came. Now, it's happened TWICE IN THREE YEARS!

Hahaha. With a 6-3 record in conference. We literally would have pissed ourselves to win 6 conference games before Fleck came. Now, it's happened TWICE IN THREE YEARS!
No we wouldn’t have, not against a West like this year. We would have been disappointed the team was so poorly coached in games that should have been won. And, for the record, 2016 was the first year there were nine conference games. So, apples to apples, PJ would have had five wins this year just like 2016.

Last edited:

No we wouldn’t have, not against a West like this year. We would have been disappointed the team was so poorly coached in games that should have been won. And, for the record, 2016 was the first year there were nine conference games. So, apples to apples, PJ would have had five wins this year just like 2016.

Yeah let's compare the teams we beat in 2016. Go ahead now, troll

Go choke on a 3” dildo, clown.

The Iowa loss hurts now. But not as bad as BG and Illinois. Could easily be looking at 10-2 and a NYD bowl for the 2nd time in three years.
All that said the program looks to be in decent shape and lots of talent potentially coming back in 2022 hard to bitch with where we’ve been over the past 30 years

Yeah let's compare the teams we beat in 2016. Go ahead now, troll
As a Gopher fan wouldn’t you want to celebrate 2016 and the 8 wins just like you would this year. I’m not saying they were any better that year. Just a comparable year, although including a rivalry win this year is great.

As a Gopher fan wouldn’t you want to celebrate 2016 and the 8 wins just like you would this year. I’m not saying they were any better that year. Just a comparable year, although including a rivalry win this year is great.

We beat two very quality teams this year. Who was the quality team we beat in 2016?

We beat two very quality teams this year. Who was the quality team we beat in 2016?
Two, NW and WSU. Maryland was ok that year.

And, it’s fans like you that make it hard to support current coach. Why do you have to denigrate what was achieved prior to PJ to feel good about today? He inherited a pretty good thing, with quite a bit of talent. Why is that so hard to admit? He took it and ran with it, added even more talent, and had a great year in 2019. That’s great! Still, this year feels like a lost opportunity with how bad the West was.

And, it’s fans like you that make it hard to support current coach. Why do you have to denigrate what was achieved prior to PJ to feel good about today? He inherited a pretty good thing, with quite a bit of talent. Why is that so hard to admit? He took it and ran with it, added even more talent, and had a great year in 2019. That’s great! Still, this year feels like a lost opportunity with how bad the West was.

Why can't you give credit for progress for significantly better recruiting and much more marquee wins? Remind me, what Top 15 teams did we beat under Kill/Claeys?

If Maryland was ok that year, then they are ok this year. I'd argue they are probably slightly better this year then that year, but they are both 6-6 teams. We didn't have a win that year as good as Purdue. All of that said, I've always given Kill/Claeys credit. I sat through enough games where we were manhandled by awful programs to appreciate everything those guys did. But I don't really feel the need to shoehorn it into every thread that's giving PJ credit for taking us to another level.

Why can't you give credit for progress for significantly better recruiting and much more marquee wins? Remind me, what Top 15 teams did we beat under Kill/Claeys?
I just did in the past post.

I just feel like last year was a step back and this year similar to where we were, when you look at entire season. I can’t ignore the terrible losses to BG and Illinois. BG was the worst loss a P5 team has had versus the spread in over twenty years.

Kill/Claeys inherited a dumpster fire and did a great job getting to the place they did. PJ took that another step in 2019. I don’t think Claeys was the long-term answer, but also think he deserves some credit along with that whole staff for building a strong foundation.

If Maryland was ok that year, then they are ok this year. I'd argue they are probably slightly better this year then that year, but they are both 6-6 teams. We didn't have a win that year as good as Purdue. All of that said, I've always given Kill/Claeys credit. I sat through enough games where we were manhandled by awful programs to appreciate everything those guys did. But I don't really feel the need to shoehorn it into every thread that's giving PJ credit for taking us to another level.
I’m glad you have given them credit. Many haven’t. And I don’t think you need to shoehorn anything. I don’t think Claeys would have them where Fleck does now.

Here is how you described this year: The last two seasons have not been great, although one win against WI is enough for someone like you.

Here is how you described the 2016 team: He inherited a pretty good thing, with quite a bit of talent.

The 2021 team had considerably better wins than the 2016 team.
Purdue is a much better team this year than Northwestern. Wisconsin is a much much better team this year than NW was in 2016.

The 2021 team was 1-1 against our rivals.
The 2016 team was 0-2.

Your idea that the 2021 Big 10 West is uniquely bad is unfounded. The East is 11-10 against the West this year. They were 11-11 against the West in 2016.

We went 6-3 in the Big 10 this year. That includes two wins against 8 win (6 in conference) teams. We also won the axe. I think 2016 was a very good season for the Gophers, but if you were happy with 2016, you should be ecstatic about this year.

Losing to BG is unacceptable.

yes, there are always upsets in CFB, but the Bowling Green lost factually is historical. You can not spin that.

because of PJs hard headedness, we are in the record books for it.

God I truly hope Sanford is gone.

Still can't handle Claeys firing...

Another difference between this year and 2016 is that there was slim to no chance for the team to be as good in 2017 or 2018. There is no reason to think we can’t sustain this type of success or improve on it in 2022 or 2023.

All these boo birds can leave the page and find a new team to cheer for. Man if you watched the game yesterday you witnessed a great called game and young guys that came ready to play. Enjoy the rest of the season Gopher fans!

Top Bottom