Important need

Important need (Captain Obvious division....)

1) New coach
2) One who can coach defense
3) One who does not need to search for continuity and cohesiveness after several years of coaching

Last edited:

A coach that has won with the players they’ve recruited. Some of these “great” coaching candidates have moved around but have not necessarily won with kids they recruited.

I think it depends on what you are taking over. If a coach can take over for a fired coach and win with his players, it'd be a sign that he can coach players up. Taking over a for a coach who left for a promotion might mean something different.

A coach with a backbone. One that is not scared to yank players for taking dumb shots or doing things that are counterproductive no matter how good of a player they are.

One that will pull guys when they quit on defense or don't box out and rebound. This team lacks toughness other than Brandon Johnson.

A coach who can raise the shooting percentage of the players he has inherited.

That's what I'm interested in!

A coach who can raise the shooting percentage of the players he has inherited.

That's what I'm interested in!

Not hard. Take easy to make shots or don't shoot. I would rather see the shot clock run out on them than shoot more of the 3's that have no chance at going in.

Start with setting some picks and more movement in the offense. And get rid of that ball screen on top. Carr off the ball and Mashburn at the 1 also.

A coach with a backbone. One that is not scared to yank players for taking dumb shots or doing things that are counterproductive no matter how good of a player they are.

One that will pull guys when they quit on defense or don't box out and rebound. This team lacks toughness other than Brandon Johnson.

This is my biggest pete peeve with Pitino. Watch his reaction when Tre or Inhen give up a 3-pointer vs. Carr.

Every year there are the “untouchables”

(See Carr, Gabe, Coffey, Curry, Dupree)

No matter how bad they’re playing or lackadaisical their effort, they never get yanked or yelled at.

Then you have the “scapegoats.”

(See Inhen, Freeman, Tre, IW, Konate, Diedhou, a multitude of transfers)

I’m not saying the players in the latter list weren’t inferior basketball players, but what kind of example does it set screaming at the bench guys and letting the starters get away with whatever they feel like? It just derails chemistry.

I’m so over it. I’m confident Coyle is too.

Top Bottom