Immediate Post Game Reactions

This was is tough. 03 Michgan was a heartbreaker and 05 Wisconsin made me angry....this one was a combination of both emotions. When we thought he scored the touchdown I never experienced that type of reaction in a crowd. To have that yanked away is painful. To then waste 17 seconds is infuriating. Heartbreak + Anger

Yea, the combination of the entire stadium going bonkers, absolute bonkers. Then the replay, then the frustration and heartache. Really a crappy combo.

Go Gophers!!

The end result was the same as if The Gopher Captains brought out the Jug to coin toss.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
No, it isn't. The team fought hard. They pissed it away. And I'll say this again. You care a lot for a guy who took the time to start his own thread to announce that he'd written off this season two weeks ago. Don't be wishy washy. Just go.

No, it isn't. The team fought hard. They pissed it away. And I'll say this again. You care a lot for a guy who took the time to start his own thread to announce that he'd written off this season two weeks ago. Don't be wishy washy. Just go.
The one that got deleted?

When Coach Kill had to retire this week I thought maybe thus team and coaching staff would be able to rally and get a focus to play like they could, but it seems the emotions are too much. Their brains went dead during the last 25 seconds.

Why did they call a play that involved so much BS shifting, when all they needed to do was call a running play going off the right tackle, to the wide side of the field? We were emotionally up. Our O line was beating MI D line on emotion at that point.

Why didn't the QB see the game clock winding down and call a time out or audible out of the ridiculously complex goal line play?

Why? The coaches and players were only focused on a 59 minute, 40 second game. They got mentally screwed up and projected themselves 30 seconds in the future as winners forgetting they had 20 seconds of game left to play. They didn't play those last 20 seconds and that is where we lost the game.

I have seen this team mentally check out of games. Nebraska was sickening, so was Northwestern. I thought it might have been related to Coach Kill's medical situation, however tonight proved it is further down the chain of command.

This team will lose out this season. They are emotionally spent after tonight's game.

Ohio State is a loss because they have a new QB who wants to prove something now that Barrett has been suspended for DWI.

Iowa is a loss because they are playing more disciplined football than the Gophers this year and Iowa wants Floyd back in their trophy case.

Illinois is a loss because we will be so disheartened by this point that the mental checkout for the season will have started. The media will be pressing the entire program about next year rather than finishing this year.

Wisconsin is a loss because what team (Wisconsin) would want to give up a trophy, that they have held for over ten years, to a team that has given up on itself (the Gophers)?

I sat through the Smokey Joe Salem depression with the phony pride and lopsided losses. Grandpa Sports would always "rally the alums" with misguided platitudes about the program's past.

I saw "Carpetbaggin" Lou Holtz come to town at Grandpa Sports' pleading only to be abandoned at the apex of a "dead cat bounce" being peddled as a rocket blast to greatness.

The program chased every charlatan, sideshow barker and fashionably passé hasbeen for over two decades either to placate the media or refute media impressions that were actually behaviors at other schools that had transferred, baselessly, on to the football program which was so beaten down that it suffered collective Stockholm Syndrome.

The Football program and Alumni have abandoned the three key elements of a winning program: recruit the BEST players, give them the BEST preparation for each game and give them the BEST in-game coaching for the whole game.

This game flushed away this alumi's vestiges of thirty years spent protecting this program, soft selling what happens in this program and excusing University decisions that damage a lucrative program that could draw funding to the University which would loosen the death grip of State Legislative funding.

I love the University of Minnesota and it's mission. The football program deserves better than it has had for the last forty years.

I'm done being naively pleasant and pretending it supporting the school and it's football program. I hope my predictions about the rest of this season give this program bulletin board material to prove me wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom