Imagine a good coach with Brews recruits

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
This is actually a good year to bring in a new coach. We can afford a bit of a down year in recruiting, we don't lose much next year, and we'd have time for someone to coach-up highly rated recruits.

Forget giving Brew another year, he just lost to a team that by rule has 1/3 less scholarship players than he is allowed.

This is actually a good year to bring in a new coach. We can afford a bit of a down year in recruiting, we don't lose much next year, and we'd have time for someone to coach-up highly rated recruits.

Forget giving Brew another year, he just lost to a team that by rule has 1/3 less scholarship players than he is allowed.

smoke and mirrors here....many of "brews great recuites" never make it to the field

Great recruits like Hayo Carpenter, David Pittman, Sam Maresh, Hasan Lipscomb, Ra'Shede Hageman, Brandon Green?

Great recruits like Hayo Carpenter, David Pittman, Sam Maresh, Hasan Lipscomb, Ra'Shede Hageman, Brandon Green?

Prolly just a little too early to be calling Hageman a bust of Hayo proportions just yet. Dude is still a RFr learning a new position. There's plenty of ammunition to hit at Brewster without going after a dude who is still young and seems to have a lot of upside.

Hageman is soft and lazy. Matt Garin ran around the field today with a grand piano on his back and Hageman still can't pass him on the depth chart.

I strongly agree. Chris Petersen can take Brew's recruits and develop them into excellent players with strong instincts. Coach Brew doesn't have that ability at all.

It's very disappointing.

Don't confuse recruitment with development. Mase was better with the latter, DMW better with the former. DMW would have trouble developing a good case of stomach cramps.

I would love to try this experiment:

I would love to see this experiment:

Bring Mason back for the rest of the season, and see what he can do with these kids. I just really want to know.

If Mason could recruit, he'd still be wearing maroon and gold. I was sad to see him go; yet I did feel it was the right thing to do. Obviously Brewster was not the right hire.

Top Bottom