I'm Putting This Here

If one is to rank city campuses and give the Chicago boost to Evanston but not the Minneapolis boost to...Minneapolis...then I don't know what to say.

Also in some rankings of this type Purdue is dead ass last. Really, this feels like a random number generator built the rankings.

Reminds me when Corvallis was ranked as Best College Town in the then PAC 10 - road-tripped to the game when we played them there and it was a dumpster
Honestly the bar for great college town and dumpster aren’t too far from each other depending on what you’re measuring…

Honestly the bar for great college town and dumpster aren’t too far from each other depending on what you’re measuring…

Let’s put it this away- if I hadn’t stopped at a certain dispensary in Portland and went to the first half of the Nebby and Duck game in Eugene , I would have considered it a bad trip

I know this is only the BiG but man Boulder was one heck of a college town, and it definitely was a college town. I’m not sure how anything in a big city could be considered a college town personally but I do think the U with Dinkytown at least gives you that feel.

These lists should actually get specific websites shunned forever. They have Champaign as #2. They're likely 200th behind a bunch of MIAC and WIAC schools. Throw in the in NW and PU spots and putting Nebraska and OSU at the bottom and you can wipe your butt with the list.

I went to a Indiana-michigan game at The Shit House. One year or year after Minnesota beat michigan (2005-ish). The most boring time I've had. I've been in louder bars. Granted it was Indiana and not OSU, but still.
Also went to Indiana when Jerry Kill and Southern Illinois beat them. Great tailgating from what I can remember. I think it was a fun time in the stadium too. But left to go tailgating again before the game ended. Had a complete blast (I think).

These lists should actually get specific websites shunned forever. They have Champaign as #2. They're likely 200th behind a bunch of MIAC and WIAC schools. Throw in the in NW and PU spots and putting Nebraska and OSU at the bottom and you can wipe your butt with the list.
Champaign was actually pretty good when I visited. They've got tons of space around the stadium for tailgating, and since thw town only really exists because the University is there the whole town has decorations (at least for homecoming since we were their homecoming game that year).

Let’s put it this away- if I hadn’t stopped at a certain dispensary in Portland and went to the first half of the Nebby and Duck game in Eugene , I would have considered it a bad trip
This is how I picture you arriving at the stadium.

Uc5X.gif

The thing is - Part of any tailgate/college is experience is who you are with, and how well you planned out or how lucky you get… I have only been to Ohio State and Colorado, planning to actually go to Penn State and Michigan State this year though I think?!

Ohio State we rented an air B&B next to the stadium (but far from the tailgate scene), but was with maybe 8 family members, and some of my in laws OSU fan buddies and it was a heck of a trip (but didn’t really get a tailgate experience). Colorado, we did a day in WY at my sisters cabin/retreat area, drove down in the AM and did a bar with a shuttle to the game… After the game met up with some buddies from the cities who were also at the game! Also a wonderful experience, but different than most others’ trips!

I know this is only the BiG but man Boulder was one heck of a college town, and it definitely was a college town. I’m not sure how anything in a big city could be considered a college town personally but I do think the U with Dinkytown at least gives you that feel.
Boulder is arguably the best place in America to live if you don't care about being by water, and the price of homes show it.

Top Bottom