I'm excited.

Schnoodler

Ice Cream Abuser
Reaction score
Not in an expanding Big Ten way, but I didn't like Fisch at all. I like Horton. He has all the skills that made the Fisch hire such a disapointing one to me. The teaching aspect of college football is so undervalued and so important. This fit feels right.

I can't believe I have to wait until spring football to get any news on his impact. And then until next fall to see it in action.

Boo to waiting.

Agree. I actually respect Fisch for leaving when he did. He wasn't going to accomplish what we needed him to do in the next few years - and I think it's obvious that he knew it.

He could have stayed a few weeks longer, cashed his six-figure bonus check, and grabbed the next available NFL positions coach job. But he didn't. He went back where he is supposed to be for now, and he hasn't blamed anyone for anything. I suspect he knew he wasn't coming back when the offense had trouble moving the ball against SDSU. Sometimes leaving is honorable thing to do.

I'm happy Brewster went with a seasoned veteran coach for OC. There is a lot of talent on this team now. We needed someone who can make the most of it. Hopefully MTSU is a solid win, and Horton's offense can put up 70-80 pts. against South Dakota. That's the way it ought to be.

Besides Hohensee this might be the perfect selection. Horton is a Cosgrove like hire and who thought a year ago that would be a good thing.

Besides Hohensee this might be the perfect selection. Horton is a Cosgrove like hire and who thought a year ago that would be a good thing.

I'm still waiting for you to provide ANY reasons at all that Hohensee would have been a good selection. You claim that you "don't have time" to type out the reasons, but this is false, and you know it to be false. If you spent 1/10 as much time compling your reasons as you did telling us you don't have time to type out your reasons, you would have plenty of time.

How about Tom Kelly? Sure, baseball is a radically different game than American Football, but so is Arena Football. Kelly is experienced with coaching running, throwing and catching, so it should be a perfect match. Bo Jackson played both professional baseball and professional football, therefore, a baseball coach would be a great choice as a football coach.

I love the hire

You have an experienced OC who has coached in the Big 10. Fisch was kinda like Lane Kiffin. Had done nothing to deserve the positon. He came in with smoke and mirrors and an offense I doubt even he understood. When Coach Brewster fired Dunbar he end up with finding anyone who could do it. A wasted year. If I were Coach Brewster, I would have reached out to Horton, and fired Fisch. I believe there were divisions in the offensive planning between Coach Davis and Fisch. Fisch wanted a fun and gun approach, while Davis wanted the physical running game. It was as we all know disfunctional.

But maybe just maybe in that year Coach Brewster will be more resolved to running the football. And the hiring of Coach Horton amplifies a strong running game. Maybe just maybe Coach Brewster, Coach Horton, and Coach Davis will be on the same page.

I'm still waiting for you to provide ANY reasons at all that Hohensee would have been a good selection. You claim that you "don't have time" to type out the reasons, but this is false, and you know it to be false. If you spent 1/10 as much time compling your reasons as you did telling us you don't have time to type out your reasons, you would have plenty of time.

How about Tom Kelly? Sure, baseball is a radically different game than American Football, but so is Arena Football. Kelly is experienced with coaching running, throwing and catching, so it should be a perfect match. Bo Jackson played both professional baseball and professional football, therefore, a baseball coach would be a great choice as a football coach.

You keep thinking this will die but never will. Mike Hohensee will never be an OC at the U.

Never.

Never.

Wait, unless he gets 10 years of experience with a lower level outdoor team first. He'll be 60+ years old by then...

It's already dead, but it keeps lurching about looking for brains to devour.

My coworker received a call from a friend of his in Madison last week. This guy told him, that after enjoying some snickering at previous Gopher football coaching hires, said that we made a great choice with Horton. Of course he's a Badger fan supporting a former Badger coach. At this point, I don't care, I'll take any positive news.

Top Bottom