Illinois is getting its mojo back

anonymous

Reaction score
The Illini are looking very good right now. Juice Williams looks like the old Juice as the Illini are shredding Michigan's defense right now.

Gophers have to win tonight. Next week is no longer a gimme.

One good game doesn't mean the Illini are "back." They've been putrid for seven weeks and regardless of how they're doing today, they won't be striking fear into the hearts of anybody the rest of the way. They've been especially bad on the road, which is where next week's game takes place.

Having said that, if they are playing well today, I would file it under the "it's about time" category, especially with the high expectations they had in Champaign at the beginning of the season.

Never said they are 'back.' But they are playing a lot better and with more confidence.

Never said they are 'back.' But they are playing a lot better and with more confidence.

On that one, I wholeheartedly agree with you. :)

The biggest thing is that with college kids, it's hard to know exactly what you're going to get week-to-week. And based on how this season's Big Ten Conference has shaked out to this point, I'm not counting on anything one way or the other, either for tonight or for the rest of the season.

Michigan's Defense isn't exactly something to gloat over though.......

Illinois is going to have a chip on their shoulder, they did not like losing to us last year.

Top Bottom