If you could choose any coach in the country to coach the Gophers...

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Who would you choose? Money doesn’t matter. They’ll take the job.

Few, Painter, Brad Stevens, Popovich

Mark Few
Jay Wright
Nate Oats
Tony Bennett
Brad Underwood

Brad Stevens and Billy Donovan would be tempting but they've been away a long time.

If they were 10-15 years younger: Belein, Izzo or Lon Krueger.

Juwan Howard, Brad Stevens, Eric Musselman or Jim Peterson

This is like asking. What would you buy if you won the powerball.

Phil Jackson.

Jay Wright. Few? Too many cakewalk conference games to put ahead of Wright. Last night perfect example if that’s Purdue or Maryland they lose.

Howard next. He is proving he can coach and it appears he can recruit plus he ain’t putting up with BS. If a player wants to be selfish there appears to be consequences. Plus I would love to see Howard’s facial reaction to a parent or someone from a players camp knock on his door to discuss playing time!

I'll have to add a vote for Eric Musselman... although Brad Stevens is an intriguing thought. I'd settle for Brian Dutcher right now, though.

Mark Few
Jay Wright
Nate Oats
Tony Bennett
Brad Underwood

Brad Stevens and Billy Donovan would be tempting but they've been away a long time.

If they were 10-15 years younger: Belein, Izzo or Lon Krueger.
Interesting that three of those guys--Oats, Bennett and Underwood--were very get-able even when they were already known commodities. The question is who their equivalents are today.

Mark few
Nate oats
Musselman
Tony bennet

Only coach I have ever seen who can a take a roster of misfits like this and turn them into a winner is Coach Morris Buttermaker.

Musselman
Bruce Pearl - I’ve always liked him
Bennett
Jay Wright

Two years ago there were two home run hires to be had, Nate Oates and Eric Musselman. Gophers now have Zero chance at Oates, but just maybe a 100 to 1 shot with Musselman.

Cue Jim Carrey ....

Mark Few, Jay Wright, Mike Krzyzewski

Mark Few, Jay Wright, Mike Krzyzewski
For the last decade, Coach K has done Less with More than any other coach in the NCAA. He still gets the top recruits due to his Name, but he just got old.

Two years ago there were two home run hires to be had, Nate Oates and Eric Musselman. Gophers now have Zero chance at Oates, but just maybe a 100 to 1 shot with Musselman.

Cue Jim Carrey ....
They have a better than 1% shot with Musselman, but his buyout is $6 million and drops to $1 million on May 1st. That would have to be navigated somehow.

They have a better than 1% shot with Musselman, but his buyout is $6 million and drops to $1 million on May 1st. That would have to be navigated somehow.
Hire him on May 2nd. 😉

For the last decade, Coach K has done Less with More than any other coach in the NCAA. He still gets the top recruits due to his Name, but he just got old.
Huh? 25+ wins each of the last 10 years, he also already recruits Minnesota better than Richard.

Huh? 25+ wins each of the last 10 years, he also already recruits Minnesota better than Richard.
Surely the next coach will be able to routinely beat Duke for recruits

Top Bottom