If Fleck left, do you want Rossi

• Yes

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Maybe after a big search

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters

No, because I think Fleck would take him with. Fleck isn't going to Michigan.
I mean it doesn’t matter where fleck goes?

top 15 program DC
Or
Big ten head coach

I strongly disagree that Rossi would rather go with fleck (if he has a desire to be a head coach at any point)

Harbaugh staying at Michigan. What is the next huge opening PJ might leave for?
Arizona State or UCLA? An SEC opening? NFL head coach?
I think he will possibly be here for awhile.

Harbaugh staying at Michigan. What is the next huge opening PJ might leave for?
Arizona State or UCLA? An SEC opening? NFL head coach?
I think he will possibly be here for awhile.
You know something about Herm? sec seems highly unlikely, NFL even more so.

I mean it doesn’t matter where fleck goes?

top 15 program DC
Or
Big ten head coach

I strongly disagree that Rossi would rather go with fleck (if he has a desire to be a head coach at any point)
FLeck would offer well before the U would, if the U even would.

Arizona State is a huge opening?
It is if you are sick of too many below zero days at your present job. I think PJ would be okay with a home in Scottsdale.
What I was asking for is where would PJ be leaving for? There aren't too many attractive places about to open up. Notre Dame, USC, LSU, Texas, Oregon etc all just hired guys.

You know something about Herm? sec seems highly unlikely, NFL even more so.
Herm is in hot water for coaching violations...several of his assistants have been relieved of duties by administration. His agent/friend/AD may not be able to shield him or he may but the it's shaky.

It is if you are sick of too many below zero days at your present job. I think PJ would be okay with a home in Scottsdale.
What I was asking for is where would PJ be leaving for? There aren't too many attractive places about to open up. Notre Dame, USC, LSU, Texas, Oregon etc all just hired guys.

I dont think he leaves the Big Ten for a middling ASU program unless he is looking for a way to avoid being fired. UCLA I could see because of location but ASU? It would take a few really bad years and his seat being super hot.

I dont think he leaves the Big Ten for a middling ASU program unless he is looking for a way to avoid being fired. UCLA I could see because of location but ASU? It would take a few really bad years and his seat being super hot.
Golly guys, the idea of the thread is PJ is going somewhere. I'm asking: where would that be?!! Those are the top decent weather PAC12 schools that might open up by my speculation. Where else is he going that is perceived a better job???
AGAIN, I don't think he is going any where.

Golly guys, the idea of the thread is PJ is going somewhere. I'm asking: where would that be?!! Those are the top decent weather PAC12 schools that might open up by my speculation. Where else is he going that is perceived a better job???
Nor do I. But the average big ten tenure is about how long fleck has been here for some reason or another

I've always said USC.

If Fleck leaves, my guess is the search committee would stop in here first. Lots of great coaching candidates among the posters, but I think the search would end up with me getting the job and instituting the single wing offense that catapulted Bruce Smith to the Heisman. What is old is new again! Paisley ties never go out of style!

If Fleck leaves, my guess is the search committee would stop in here first. Lots of great coaching candidates among the posters, but I think the search would end up with me getting the job and instituting the single wing offense that catapulted Bruce Smith to the Heisman. What is old is new again! Paisley ties never go out of style!
I'll buy in. But you have to run the Wishbone occasionally.

Who knows, I gave the likely scenario for why he would end up at ASU which would be a step back outside of weather.

Outside of the LA schools I am just not sure PJ ends up in the Pac12 if things are trending right. The conference is just not that strong. I guess maybe Washington would be a good spot that seems like a sideways move certainly not a step up at this point. Will Oregon give him the freedom to change things around to his way of working? I don't see Row the Boat Culture and and the Nike Spending Spree meshing well. WSU and OSU are non-starters. I could see him wanting to maybe go to Stanford but I doubt they would want him.

PJ is a climber, he isn't leaving for a job that is less than or equal to the job he has now. That is most of the Pac12 at this point.

I've always said USC.
Sure, but PJ evidently wasn't on the radar this time around and Lincoln Riley probably needs an NFL head coaching job for the position to open up any time soon and I don't think he was on any NFL interview lists this time around.
Might as well add Notre Dame and Michigan too.

Sure, but PJ evidently wasn't on the radar this time around and Lincoln Riley probably needs an NFL head coaching job for the position to open up any time soon and I don't think he was on any NFL interview lists this time around.
Might as well add Notre Dame and Michigan too.
I don't think those two traditional "helmet" schools are a cultural fit for what Fleck does. Of all them, USC is the one I think that would entertain it.

Top Bottom