If Boise continues to get 'shafted'

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
might that encourage Peterson to jump ship to a BCS conference?

Just wait for Boise, there is 6+ weeks left of college football before its decided who gets to play in the NC game. A lot of things can change in that period of time.

might that encourage Peterson to jump ship to a BCS conference?

Maybe. It depends on how truthful he is. He constantly says he doesn't care about rankings/BSC standings and just plays football.

If he's telling the truth then he should be content. If that is coach-speak then ya, his frustration might be enough for him to see if he could do something big in a Big conference. However, I still don't know if he'd come to Minnesota.

If a guy wants to see if he can win a Nat. championship in a Big conference, your not going to jump at a school who hasn't won one since the 1960s.

They are also moving to a tougher conference next year. So that should be able to help them out from a strength of schedule perspective in the future. It is hard to argue they are getting shafted when the only teams a head of them are undefeated and have played a tougher schedule. If they get jumped by a one loss team that is another issue.

My fear with Peterson is that if he's willing to leave such a successful program like Boise St, he would only be here until he got a better offer. Obviously I'll be beyond pumped if Peterson were to come here, but I would be living in a state of constant dread that he would always have on foot out the door.

My fear with Peterson is that if he's willing to leave such a successful program like Boise St, he would only be here until he got a better offer. Obviously I'll be beyond pumped if Peterson were to come here, but I would be living in a state of constant dread that he would always have on foot out the door.

People can lie, but I would assume that Maturi would do his best to make sure the person who is coming here wants to be here and will stay.

I think that's why guys like Trestman come up. He's from here, he played here, meaning he wouldn't want to leave if he got the job.

He's flat out refused interviews with jobs far better then MN, so it's unlikely unless this year is the 'last straw' for him if they get screwed again. Even then, I think he'd wait for a good job in the Pac 10 or Big 12 to open up.

if peterson came here would he paint the field maroon or gold?

Either one would be cool in moderation, like a game or two per season. I like Boise's field, and Eastern Washington's blood-red field is pretty damned cool too. :)

Attachments

• 610x.jpg
    610x.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 31

He's flat out refused interviews with jobs far better then MN, so it's unlikely unless this year is the 'last straw' for him if they get screwed again. Even then, I think he'd wait for a good job in the Pac 10 or Big 12 to open up.

he has never gotten "screwed" out of bcs title game. its easy for boise to play up to big name competition because it only happens once a year. they wouldn't run the table in the big ten, pac ten, big 12, sec, or the acc. let an average bcs school swap schedules and I bet they have the same results!

Who ever comes must be willing to stay.

Mason was a coach with one foot out the door, and he never saw fit to work hard enough here to get an invitation to the dance. He never lived up to his capabilities and was stunned when his players did exactly as he did.

At least the person who comes will need to be a better actor.

not interested in Peterson. Boise coaches have awful track records after leaving.

he has never gotten "screwed" out of bcs title game. its easy for boise to play up to big name competition because it only happens once a year. they wouldn't run the table in the big ten, pac ten, big 12, sec, or the acc. let an average bcs school swap schedules and I bet they have the same results!

Thank you so much for saying this. This is exactly why Boise has no business playing for a championship.
________
Ferrari daytona

I agree, which is why they have no business even being in the discussion for a national championship. Let them play Arkansas, Florida, and South Carolina three weeks in a row and see if they even win one game!

Remember the 2006 season when they beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl? Oklahoma wasn't "that" good and yet they needed overtime to win, yet Jared Zabranski comments after the game that they deserved a shot at the national championship game because they were undefeated. Puuuuuh-leeeease. Florida would have beat them senseless. Same this year. They barely escape VT and beat OSU and now they want the BCS title game?

Top Bottom