If Austin Hollins thrives in pitino's system he'll get drafted early in 2nd

Andre Hollins, an exceptionally bright student in Carlson, is NOT going to leave early. This kid has his sh!t together, will graduate after giving us 4 years

If he was projected to be a first round pick and chose to finish his four year degree and risk injury or dropping to the second round after his senior year that would be a huge mistake. That's 3million dollars, probably closer to 5m with the third year option.

You can finish your last 12-30 credits and get your four year degree anytime. He saw Mbakwe go from a projected top 15 pick to a non-guaranteed contract, I wouldn't risk the injury to finish up my last year of school, NO CHANCE!

If he is projected to be a mid-second round pick after next season, yes he probably comes back for his senior season.

If he was projected to be a first round pick and chose to finish his four year degree and risk injury or dropping to the second round after his senior year that would be a huge mistake. That's 3million dollars, probably closer to 5m with the third year option.

You can finish your last 12-30 credits and get your four year degree anytime. He saw Mbakwe go from a projected top 15 pick to a non-guaranteed contract, I wouldn't risk the injury to finish up my last year of school, NO CHANCE!

If he is projected to be a mid-second round pick after next season, yes he probably comes back for his senior season.
andre is scheduled to graduate in 3 years but Mbakwe was never a projected top 15 pick, he was almost constantly a projected second rounder

but Mbakwe was never a projected top 15 pick, he was almost constantly a projected second rounder

False. It is a fact he was ranked at #12 at one point prior to injury. People forget his big year with the Gophers, performance at the World University games, good showings at the Amar'e Big Man Skills Camp & Lebron James Skills Academy.

False. It is a fact he was ranked at #12 at one point prior to injury. People forget his big year with the Gophers, performance at the World University games, good showings at the Amar'e Big Man Skills Camp & Lebron James Skills Academy.

even after his 14 and 10 year as a junior and before the injury he was only a projected second rounder on NBAdraft.net going 31 to the cavs i remember

even after his 14 and 10 year as a junior and before the injury he was only a projected second rounder on NBAdraft.net going 31 to the cavs i remember

He was 28 for a while and jumped to #12 at one point.

I never understand these statements, "If he thrives, he'll get drafted." NO KIDDING! If I walk on, score 50 points a game, I'll get drafted too.

Yea i could have stated this better but i didn't think it was that confusing.... What i meant was i think with pitino's system moving in and tubbys out he will be able to imporve his draft position because he should have more opportunities to showcase his best skills (playing full court pressure d and shooting a lot of 3's) ...He has a higher celing than most and assuming he keeps improving (cough cough rodney) and does those things well he should have the chance to "thrive" in Pitino's gameplan.

P.S. If you can walk on and score 50 ppg you should try out for the team. We could use a diamond in the rough like you that all the other 350 d1 coaches missed out on

He was 28 for a while and jumped to #12 at one point.

actually i tink he was #11 on NBAdraft.net but that was after the injury and right after he was granted a sixth year but that is just becuase it was NBAdraft.net first mock draft of the year for that draft class, when they did more research he gradually fell even before the season started

P.S. If you can walk on and score 50 ppg you should try out for the team. We could use a diamond in the rough like you that all the other 350 d1 coaches missed out on

If only, my nickname in middle school was the turnover machine... :)

Austin cannot have a cold shooting slump like he had this last year. He is an above average defender, but a below average ballhandler at the 2. He is pretty weak also. If he can be a lot more consistent he could sneak into the second round.
Andre is a combo guard and is about 6'1". He has average to slightly under average quickness for an NBA player of the height..think about it before you say otherwise..especially laterally. He is learning the pg role. He cannot guard sg's in the NBA. He could play on a team not requiring a pure pg. Say Mario Chalmers type role or playing next to a tall point guard like Rubio or Vasquez, etc. where they could guard the sg. Dre has an excellent step back 3 pt shot and is very streaky. He might also be a good scoring guard off the bench. He definitely has first round potential, but probably falls to the 2nd.

He's supposed to take a lower percentage shot to display NBA range when they're both worth 3 points? I actually feel like he did pull up from well beyond 3 point range a decent amount (and made them). I agree with you on ball-handling, but I'd say shooting is the least of his problems. How many returning BT players are better shooters than he is?

Respectfully disagree, guys. I didn't see him pulling up routinely from 3 feet beyond the arc, which is the NBA distance. That's a big difference. Can he do it? Absolutely. He ain't there yet, IMHO.

I guess I should've read this post before I posted my last one.

Why would he pull up routinely from 3 feet further than he needs to? He pulled up a number of times from NBA range and drained them. To pull up from that distance "routinely" in college would just be stupid. He has the shooting ability and the range necessary for an NBA guard. If he doesn't make it in the league, it will be for other reasons. No idea why that would be one of your concerns for him making it or not.

= Dre has an excellent step back 3 pt shot and is very streaky. He might also be a good scoring guard off the bench. He definitely has first round potential, but probably falls to the 2nd.

Agree besides the 2nd round point... Dre is probably the streakiest guy (out of BIG contenders for first team) that could possibly compete for the mvp in the 10...but, he will get drafted in the first because every team would love a back up pg like him (solid d and can score)..... dont get tme wrong dre is my favorite player in a long time but he still has a long way before nba teams take him serioulsly..... he is in the same position as burke was last year, i have a feeling it just depends on whether or not dre can stay healthy. As smart as he is (carlson) there is not a chance he will declare for the draft next year unless he has a guranteed contract(1st round)

Austin cannot have a cold shooting slump like he had this last year. He is an above average defender, but a below average ballhandler at the 2. He is pretty weak also. If he can be a lot more consistent he could sneak into the second round.
Andre is a combo guard and is about 6'1". He has average to slightly under average quickness for an NBA player of the height..think about it before you say otherwise..especially laterally. He is learning the pg role. He cannot guard sg's in the NBA. He could play on a team not requiring a pure pg. Say Mario Chalmers type role or playing next to a tall point guard like Rubio or Vasquez, etc. where they could guard the sg. Dre has an excellent step back 3 pt shot and is very streaky. He might also be a good scoring guard off the bench. He definitely has first round potential, but probably falls to the 2nd.

So says another GH expert. Alotta those around here.

Classic, no analysis but insulting those with an opinion. Must be nice living on that high horse don!

Please don't quote him. Some of us have him blocked and I prefer you don't let him circumnavigate that.

Good job. I think you're pretty close on this.

The second round comment all depends on who's in the draft and how much Dre develops pg skills? If 2015 is a weak draft like this year he is a first rounder. Next years 2014 NBA draft could be on of the best and deepest ever.

Top Bottom