I would like to complain about that roughing the passer call

Have never, ever seen that called. Absolutely baffling officiating tonight. Alternately profoundly blind, or hyper-vigilant to the smallest or even imaginary infractions.

That has been called all season this and last year. The issue was putting his full weight on the QB without attempting to avoid that, if he'd attempted to brace his weight or roll off the QB it might not have been called.

They've been calling it in the NFL for a few years, too.

Like it or not, it was very consistent with how it's being called this year.

It's not like that call changed the outcome of the game, or will lead to a change in who a rule is inforced, like the infous Leidnwr non-call/non targetinging against tOSU a few years ago.

Or the ridiculous illegal motion call that was called against tOSU yesterday that may get Joel Klatt into trouble when he said "I literally see that exact motion in every college football game I watch. There is something going on with that ref over on the sideline. That's the same guy that flagged Day for unsportmanlike conduct earlier in the game for celebrating the touchdown"

Be like Elsa. Let it go.

They also missed a clear late hit out of bounds and roughing or at least running into the kicker by Michigan and a blatant facemask by us.

LOL
true Sid Hartmann followers.. Always blame the refs

That has been called all season this and last year. The issue was putting his full weight on the QB without attempting to avoid that, if he'd attempted to brace his weight or roll off the QB it might not have been called.

They've been calling it in the NFL for a few years, too.

Like it or not, it was very consistent with how it's being called this year.

It's not like that call changed the outcome of the game, or will lead to a change in who a rule is inforced, like the infous Leidnwr non-call/non targetinging against tOSU a few years ago.

Or the ridiculous illegal motion call that was called against tOSU yesterday that may get Joel Klatt into trouble when he said "I literally see that exact motion in every college football game I watch. There is something going on with that ref over on the sideline. That's the same guy that flagged Day for unsportmanlike conduct earlier in the game for celebrating the touchdown"

Be like Elsa. Let it go.

That was not present in my NCAA rule book from 2016-2017. I checked the new one and it only states a defensive player cannot “punish” a quarterback driving them into the ground. There was absolutely nothing egregious, late, or punishing about the hit on McCarthy. A simple tackle as the ball was being thrown. There is NO WAY for a defensive player to avoid a tackle like that other than not making it.

Which prima donna NFL qb was the rule modified for? Geezer Brady or geezer Rodgers? Whiners extraordinaire.

That was not present in my NCAA rule book from 2016-2017. I checked the new one and it only states a defensive player cannot “punish” a quarterback driving them into the ground. There was absolutely nothing egregious, late, or punishing about the hit on McCarthy. A simple tackle as the ball was being thrown. There is NO WAY for a defensive player to avoid a tackle like that other than not making it.

Which prima donna NFL qb was the rule modified for? Geezer Brady or geezer Rodgers? Whiners extraordinaire.

TBH, I don't remember, but that was exactly it. A star QB got hit and got hurt and they changed the rule.

The Clark, the KC lineman got called for it last year or maybe the year before and it caused a huge uproar, because there was almost nothing vicious in what happened and the way the play happened, nothing Clark could do. That said, the players have adjusted, because, show pony QBs rule the NFL.

No matter how I feel about it, that is the way it's being called today. I won't say it was a bad call, because that is the way the refs are calling it consistently. I will say I think it's a bad rule, but then again I don't have 300+ lb DLs landing on top of me.

TBH, I don't remember, but that was exactly it. A star QB got hit and got hurt and they changed the rule.

The Clark, the KC lineman got called for it last year or maybe the year before and it caused a huge uproar, because there was almost nothing vicious in what happened and the way the play happened, nothing Clark could do. That said, the players have adjusted, because, show pony QBs rule the NFL.

No matter how I feel about it, that is the way it's being called today. I won't say it was a bad call, because that is the way the refs are calling it consistently. I will say I think it's a bad rule, but then again I don't have 300+ lb DLs landing on top of me.

Looks like the NFL rule is written differently than the NCAA rule. Was that an NFL crew??

Top Bottom